Lmia and twp application

Old Jul 16th 2018, 2:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lmia and twp application

Originally Posted by Sammilc
That does make things a lot easier, thank you! I am struggling to find information on income requirements for the PNP program though!
Bit of light reading for you - https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/14...Guide.pdf.aspx. Page 12 onwards.

As the company that's offering me a job is also offering my partner a job, would that count in the application process? As in, to provide evidence that our combined income would be enough for us to settle economically? Or would it have to go solely off my job offer as I'm the PA and he's my sponsee?
No, that wouldn't be relevant. Only your income will count (or his, depending on who is the principal applicant). His would count if he was there working on a valid work permit, but as he can't do that until you have your TWP, it can't be included unfortunately.

HTH.
Old Jul 16th 2018, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Sammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud of

Oh that's fantastic, thank you so much for the help!

The mods here are heroes, really! Where do I send the flowers and chocolates!?
Old Jul 16th 2018, 2:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh that's fantastic, thank you so much for the help!

The mods here are heroes, really! Where do I send the flowers and chocolates!?
I've not got a very sweet tooth, can I have flowers and crisps instead?
Old Jul 16th 2018, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Sammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud of

Hahaha whatever you want! For real though, once we're out there in our new jobs if you're in BC I owe you dinner on the house!
Old Jul 16th 2018, 2:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hahaha whatever you want! For real though, once we're out there in our new jobs if you're in BC I owe you dinner on the house!
I'll be there for most of August, but the rest of the time I'm back in the UK now.

Good luck, hope the LMIA is granted, keep us posted.
Old Jul 16th 2018, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Well if you're ever in Chester let me know, i run a wicked pub with great ale and homemade food!!

One more question regarding the BC PNP route; if I get a provincial nomination and we move out in 3-4 months once that's processed, can my partner (common law spouse) apply for a work permit too while we wait for PR to be granted? Or would he have to wait until we obtain PR?
Old Jul 16th 2018, 3:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Well if you're ever in Chester let me know, i run a wicked pub with great ale and homemade food!!

One more question regarding the BC PNP route; if I get a provincial nomination and we move out in 3-4 months once that's processed, can my partner (common law spouse) apply for a work permit too while we wait for PR to be granted? Or would he have to wait until we obtain PR?
Will do! Yes, he'd get a work permit too (open).

Good luck.
Old Jul 24th 2018, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Ok so I have received my job offer and uploaded it to my PNP profile. I have 104 points and the last round of invitations was inviting EEBC-skilled workers with 92 points and above so in theory I should receive an invitation on the next round.

They have offered me a salary of $42,000 based on a 50 hour work week. This only works out to $16.15/hour, which is below the BC median wage, but is above the minimum income requirements for BC PNP. Will this be sufficient to satisfy the job requirements for PNP?
Old Jul 24th 2018, 3:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

They have offered me a salary of $42,000 based on a 50 hour work week. This only works out to $16.15/hour, which is below the BC median wage, but is above the minimum income requirements for BC PNP. Will this be sufficient to satisfy the job requirements for PNP?
They'll only consider up to a 40 hour week.

How many of you in the family?
Old Jul 24th 2018, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Me and my partner, just us
Old Jul 24th 2018, 3:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Me and my partner, just us
OK, and where is the job?
Old Jul 24th 2018, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Vancouver downtown
Old Jul 24th 2018, 3:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Vancouver downtown
Oh bum. I was hoping you wouldn't say that. Sorry, but as per the program guide, that won't work - "Applications within Metro Vancouver are restricted to employment offers above the B.C. median wage of $22.00 per hour."

https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/87...July2.pdf.aspx

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 24th 2018 at 4:00 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2018, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Where does it say that in the document? I was looking at this bit and thought we'd be okay...
GVRD income requirements for 2 people must be $28,390. But even if they only took the fist 4p hours of pay that still works out to $33,592
Old Jul 24th 2018, 4:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Where does it say that in the document? I was looking at this bit and thought we'd be okay...
GVRD income requirements for 2 people must be $28,390. But even if they only took the fist 4p hours of pay that still works out to $33,592
Click on the link in my post above (the most recent one, it's the program guide rather than the technical guide) and search for 'metro', it's mentioned several times in there. I'm just checking that's a current link as it's one I've bookmarked........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.