LMIA processing times Jan 2021

Old Jan 26th 2021, 1:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMIA processing times Jan 2021

Originally Posted by natcars254
We definitely do want to stay, it's just a bit of a minefield isn't it. We were told that once we had been there for a year we could apply for PR.
Whoever told you that was misinformed I'm afraid. There's no automatic route to PR after a year, you need to qualify wherever you apply from. But the link above will help, and then once you've taken that you can search the forum or ask if you need more info about the visa route suggested.

Good luck, hope you get the LMIA soon.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

natcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Whoever told you that was misinformed I'm afraid. There's no automatic route to PR after a year, you need to qualify wherever you apply from. But the link above will help, and then once you've taken that you can search the forum or ask if you need more info about the visa route suggested.

Good luck, hope you get the LMIA soon.
Oh that's great thank you, I'll have a look into it and pop back with an update when I hear, might be helpful for someone else later on. Thanks for all your help x
Old Jan 26th 2021, 5:58 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

We definitely do want to stay, it's just a bit of a minefield isn't it. We were told that once we had been there for a year we could apply for PR.
Were you told you might qualify under the "Canadian Experience Class" after 1 year, perhaps? You will still need to qualify and apply.. (and the sooner the better, if you have sufficient points) - do use the link provided by Christmasoompa and report back with your figures
Perhaps have a look at our very helpful wiki section too .. https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick..._by_step_guide
Old Jan 26th 2021, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

natcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Were you told you might qualify under the "Canadian Experience Class" after 1 year, perhaps? You will still need to qualify and apply.. (and the sooner the better, if you have sufficient points) - do use the link provided by Christmasoompa and report back with your figures
Perhaps have a look at our very helpful wiki section too .. https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick..._by_step_guide
Yes I think that might have been it! I didnt think we could apply just yet so I'll take a look. That's great thank you so much 😀
Old Jan 26th 2021, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

I've just had a look at that and it asked for the English test results, I put none as we haven't done that yet, and we were told we didn't need to as we aren't studying over there? Is that something we need to be looking at? I feel so stupid asking!
Old Jan 26th 2021, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

ArekDeBoss is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's for PR . For work permit not needed. I had to have some but that was for my qualifications.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ArekDeBoss
I think it's for PR . For work permit not needed. I had to have some but that was for my qualifications.
So once / if the LMIA is approved, we just have to apply for the work permits, police records, biometrics etc? I don't want to miss any steps, I'll definitely check out the wiki on this.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 7:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I think that might have been it! I didnt think we could apply just yet so I'll take a look. That's great thank you so much 😀
You can apply anytime if eligible, there’s no requirement to have been in Canada first, lots apply from their home country without even having set foot in Canada.

I've just had a look at that and it asked for the English test results, I put none as we haven't done that yet, and we were told we didn't need to as we aren't studying over there? Is that something we need to be looking at? I feel so stupid asking!
You’ll need one for a PR app, just say yes and assume max points for now as native speakers. And don’t feel stupid, there’s a lot to get your head around!

So once / if the LMIA is approved, we just have to apply for the work permits, police records, biometrics etc? I don't want to miss any steps, I'll definitely check out the wiki on this.
You don’t need police certs for a work permit (although you will if you apply for PR)

HTH.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 8:54 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

If you read the wiki link I gave - Christmasoompa details the step by step instructions (including what to put down for education / english etc.,) Oh - and don't ever feel stupid for asking questions - that's what we are here for!!
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick..._by_step_guide

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 26th 2021 at 8:57 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2021, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Thank you! I did the questionnaire linked above and put in the answers like you said, and it gave me a reference number valid until 27th March? I assume that's what we will use once the LMIA finally comes through to start our application?
Old Jan 27th 2021, 3:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thank you! I did the questionnaire linked above and put in the answers like you said, and it gave me a reference number valid until 27th March? I assume that's what we will use once the LMIA finally comes through to start our application?
OK, perfect. So that means you're eligible to enter the Express Entry 'pool' of applicants, but that's only the first step. Once you're in the pool only those scoring the highest are selected and invited to apply for PR.

You'll need to be scoring above approx 460-470 as a rough guide, and you can check your scores here - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigr...d/crs-tool.asp. Again, take it as if you've got IELTS results and an ECA, it's only to give you a rough idea of your score for now to see if you'd be eligible or not. And only give yourself points for academic credentials, rather than vocational or professional ones as they don't count for points purposes.

Also, the reference number you've mentioned above is only relevant to a PR app, so nothing to do with the LMIA/TWP.

HTH.
Old Jan 27th 2021, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

OK, perfect. So that means you're eligible to enter the Express Entry 'pool' of applicants, but that's only the first step. Once you're in the pool only those scoring the highest are selected and invited to apply for PR.

You'll need to be scoring above approx 460-470 as a rough guide, and you can check your scores here - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigr...d/crs-tool.asp. Again, take it as if you've got IELTS results and an ECA, it's only to give you a rough idea of your score for now to see if you'd be eligible or not. And only give yourself points for academic credentials, rather than vocational or professional ones as they don't count for points purposes.

Also, the reference number you've mentioned above is only relevant to a PR app, so nothing to do with the LMIA/TWP.

HTH.
OK, so at the moment we're scoring 360 but I assume once we'd both been working for a couple of years the scores would go up?

In terms of the LMIA/TWP is there anything I should be doing that I've not thought of?
Old Jan 27th 2021, 5:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

OK, so at the moment we're scoring 360 but I assume once we'd both been working for a couple of years the scores would go up?

In terms of the LMIA/TWP is there anything I should be doing that I've not thought of?
Yes, 360 is too low, but take it again as if you've been working there for a year or two and then see what you get.

There's not a lot for you to do other than wait for the LMIA tbh. You don't need to provide much in the way of paperwork for the TWP application, but from a practical point of view, there will be lots of other stuff to organise for the move. If you've not already found it yet, this Wiki article is useful - https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Depar..._(UK_to_Canada)

HTH.
Old Jan 27th 2021, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Yes, 360 is too low, but take it again as if you've been working there for a year or two and then see what you get.

There's not a lot for you to do other than wait for the LMIA tbh. You don't need to provide much in the way of paperwork for the TWP application, but from a practical point of view, there will be lots of other stuff to organise for the move. If you've not already found it yet, this Wiki article is useful - https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Depar..._(UK_to_Canada)

HTH.
Thank you! Am I right in saying then that we DON'T need proof of funds because of the job offer, don't need IELTS but do need biometrics? I will definitely check that moving article out, that's another thing on my mind! You guys are so helpful, thank you x
Old Jan 27th 2021, 7:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thank you! Am I right in saying then that we DON'T need proof of funds because of the job offer, don't need IELTS but do need biometrics? I will definitely check that moving article out, that's another thing on my mind! You guys are so helpful, thank you x
No proof of funds or IELTS required for a work permit, but yes to biometrics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.