LMIA processing times Jan 2021

Old Jan 29th 2021, 9:40 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMIA processing times Jan 2021

Originally Posted by natcars254
So it would be my husbands work permit to go with his LMIA, my open permit, and we wouldn't have to pay for the kids? Is that right? Sorry for repeating myself haha.
You will have to pay for the children IF you apply for study permits ($150 for each study permit) - if you don't apply for study permits, then you will apply for permission to enter Canada then request visitor records on arrival for them (which are free). You would also need eTA's for the children if no study permits ($7 each).
You may also have to pay a total of $170 for Biometrics for the whole family (whether that's the 2 adults or 2 adults and 2 children, same price).
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 29th 2021 at 9:49 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2021, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

natcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You will have to pay for the children IF you apply for study permits ($150 for each study permit) - if you don't apply for study permits, then you will apply for permission to enter Canada then request visitor records on arrival for them (which are free). You would also need eTA's for the children if no study permits ($7 each).
You may also have to pay a total of $170 for Biometrics for the whole family (whether that's the 2 adults or 2 adults and 2 children, same price).
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp
so the kids 16, 7 and 6 will all be going to school, can they only go if they have the permits?
Old Jan 29th 2021, 11:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

so the kids 16, 7 and 6 will all be going to school, can they only go if they have the permits?
They will either need a study permit or a visitor record. Normally children accompanying parents from non visa countries apply for visitor records at a port of entry on arrival which are free. Now due to Covid 19 and travel being restricted to apply for a VR at the POE you will need to ask for permission to enter as per the link provided in Siouxie's reply. Things are changing constantly so unless you have a definitive date of arrival in Canada what is applicable today might not be in a months time etc etc.
Old Jan 29th 2021, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

natcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
They will either need a study permit or a visitor record. Normally children accompanying parents from non visa countries apply for visitor records at a port of entry on arrival which are free. Now due to Covid 19 and travel being restricted to apply for a VR at the POE you will need to ask for permission to enter as per the link provided in Siouxie's reply. Things are changing constantly so unless you have a definitive date of arrival in Canada what is applicable today might not be in a months time etc etc.
Again, really helpful - thank you. No doubt I'll be back when/if the approval comes through for the LMIA for some handholding through the next part. Really appreciated, thanks 😊
Old Jan 30th 2021, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

Just as an update we were notified today that as this is the first time the company have gone through the LMIA process they had to get a letter of attestation from their lawyers which was either sent back or uploaded yesterday. So hopefully if no issues we should hear soon.
Old Feb 20th 2021, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

ArekDeBoss is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you received your LMIA yet?
If so how long did it take?
And how is the situation with work permits at the moment?
Regards and good luck
Old Feb 21st 2021, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Hi, we had notification that they have taken the payment for the LMIA, service canada have been in touch with the employer and it seems positive I don't know whether they take the payment in every case but we're just waiting now. I read that work permits are 6-10 weeks but someone said we needed medicals, I had thought from the advice here that medicals weren't required for TWP. So just trying to find clarification on that.
Old Feb 21st 2021, 12:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, we had notification that they have taken the payment for the LMIA, service canada have been in touch with the employer and it seems positive I don't know whether they take the payment in every case but we're just waiting now. I read that work permits are 6-10 weeks but someone said we needed medicals, I had thought from the advice here that medicals weren't required for TWP. So just trying to find clarification on that.
It depends on the job - if the TWP is to work with children, or in healthcare, etc, then yes you do need a medical. But not needed for anything else (assuming you're coming from the UK or another exempt country) - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nts.html#needs

And yes, they do take payment no matter what, you're paying for processing so whether it's approved or rejected it's the same fee.

HTH.
Old Feb 21st 2021, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Landscaping manager so I guess that's a no? Good to know - so just a waiting game now then!
Old Feb 21st 2021, 1:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Landscaping manager so I guess that's a no? Good to know - so just a waiting game now then!
I'd assume no medical required then - but do double check on the link I gave above.

Good luck.
Old Feb 21st 2021, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Routinely you don't need medicals for TWP
Old Feb 21st 2021, 7:02 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ArekDeBoss
Routinely you don't need medicals for TWP
Generally speaking, no.. but there are many jobs that do require a medical even on a TWP..

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nts.html#needs
Old Mar 9th 2021, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

I just have been informed by my emigration lawyers that on a contrary to my previous understanding medicals are required for work permit.
Just don't know if for main applicant only or all members of the family.
I have no idea how it's doable in pandemic times.
Old Mar 9th 2021, 12:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by ArekDeBoss
I just have been informed by my emigration lawyers that on a contrary to my previous understanding medicals are required for work permit.
Just don't know if for main applicant only or all members of the family.
I have no idea how it's doable in pandemic times.
It's doable, but it is only required for certain professions or for those from certain countries - see the link given above. Presumably you come under one of those?
Old Mar 9th 2021, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It's doable, but it is only required for certain professions or for those from certain countries - see the link given above. Presumably you come under one of those?
​​​​​
Quite frankly I do not
We will be coming from the UK to work as a vet so neither country neither job requires medical. I do not understand. I'm so confused

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.