LMIA processing times Jan 2021

Old Jan 25th 2021, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

natcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond repute
Default LMIA processing times Jan 2021

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any up to date info on the current LMIA processing times - my husbands was submitted early December and is in the high wage stream I believe. Thanks 😊
Old Jan 25th 2021, 4:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMIA processing times Jan 2021

Originally Posted by natcars254
Hi, just wondering if anyone has any up to date info on the current LMIA processing times - my husbands was submitted early December and is in the high wage stream I believe. Thanks 😊
Hi, welcome to BE.

I think it's not changed much even with Covid, so figure about 3-4 months.

Good luck, hope you hear soon.
Old Jan 25th 2021, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

natcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond reputenatcars254 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, welcome to BE.

I think it's not changed much even with Covid, so figure about 3-4 months.

Good luck, hope you hear soon.
ah thanks! Is that 3-4 months just for the LMIA or work permits etc? The guidelines were 35 business days I think but obviously I didn't think it was going to be that quick during COVID. Thanks for replying 🙂
Old Jan 25th 2021, 5:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

ah thanks! Is that 3-4 months just for the LMIA or work permits etc? The guidelines were 35 business days I think but obviously I didn't think it was going to be that quick during COVID. Thanks for replying 🙂
LMIA's normally. Work permit is about 8-10 weeks as a rough guide, may be quicker at the moment though as so few people are applying for them.

Good luck.
Old Jan 25th 2021, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Thank you again. Will just try waiting patiently 🙂
Old Jan 25th 2021, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

ArekDeBoss is an unknown quantity at this point

I had mine approved in just over 5 weeks. Including some back and forth due to some errors.
got mine 2 weeks ago.
Heard work permit now is 13 weeks wait.
Good luck
Old Jan 25th 2021, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ArekDeBoss
I had mine approved in just over 5 weeks. Including some back and forth due to some errors.
got mine 2 weeks ago.
Heard work permit now is 13 weeks wait.
Good luck
that's hopeful then - when was yours submitted? I'm just trying to work out a tentative timeline. Thanks
Old Jan 25th 2021, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

End of November/ beginning of December. Got an approval first days in January.
you should get it soon. Fingers crossed.
Old Jan 25th 2021, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

End of November/ beginning of December. Got an approval first days in January.
you should get it soon. Fingers crossed.
Oh that makes me feel a lot more hopeful- thank you so much. Don't suppose you know if proof of funds is required for LMIA? Thanks x
Old Jan 25th 2021, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

I don't thinks so.
I think it's for PR not a work permit. But to be fair it's the employer who does the leg work for LMIA.
Old Jan 25th 2021, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

I don't thinks so.
I think it's for PR not a work permit. But to be fair it's the employer who does the leg work for LMIA.
Yeah the employer have done everything they've needed, my inner control freak is losing it because I can't check on the progress! Just have to wait it out. Thanks for your help x
Old Jan 26th 2021, 6:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Oh that makes me feel a lot more hopeful- thank you so much. Don't suppose you know if proof of funds is required for LMIA? Thanks x
No, just for some PR apps. How are you hoping to apply for PR?
Old Jan 26th 2021, 8:07 am
Just Joined

No, just for some PR apps. How are you hoping to apply for PR?
To be honest I haven't even thought that far along. Hubs will be on a 3 year contract if approved, I don't even know what our options are.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 10:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

To be honest I haven't even thought that far along. Hubs will be on a 3 year contract if approved, I don't even know what our options are.
Ah, ok. If you think you might like to stay permanently I'd suggest you look at it, would be awful to move, spend a small fortune on it, and then not be able to stay. So check you're likely to be eligible before you go would be my advice. There's an eligibility tool on the CIC website you can use as a good starting point - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nada-tool.html

Not all PR routes will need proof of funds, so it depends on which you apply under.

Good luck.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Ah, ok. If you think you might like to stay permanently I'd suggest you look at it, would be awful to move, spend a small fortune on it, and then not be able to stay. So check you're likely to be eligible before you go would be my advice. There's an eligibility tool on the CIC website you can use as a good starting point - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nada-tool.html

Not all PR routes will need proof of funds, so it depends on which you apply under.

Good luck.
We definitely do want to stay, it's just a bit of a minefield isn't it. We were told that once we had been there for a year we could apply for PR.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.