LMIA Processing Time?!

Old Apr 2nd 2015, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

tomscott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LMIA Processing Time?!

So them am here! In the land of opportunity.

Been here now 2 weeks to this day. Arrived the Wednesday, got my 2 year work permit at the airport. The following day was a busy one. Sorting out my driving license, phone, sin number, healthcare, medical. The following day I had another medical this time a company one. I also had an assessment with a driving school to work out how many lessons Id need to have. Which is about 6 hours then a test to get used to the stupid gear boxes they have. The Saturday I had a days course on air brakes. Day after I went and did the 2 knowledge tests which you need. 1 for the the air brakes and 1 for driving commercial vehicles.

So when they sent my license away to swap it for an alberta one they said it takes 10 days for it to come through the post, which put abit of a hold on everything cos without that I couldnt book anymore driving lessons or my my driving test. Only just today recieved my license back through the post so first thing tomorrow is booking the lessons and test. As soon as I pass that I can start working.

In mean time I have been car hunting which Is a minefield over here. Eventually got a car sorted yesterday! And got the insurance and bought my plate and registered it all today. Had a few little bits to fix on it and got them sorted aswell.

Thankfully I have been living with family and my living costs are mega low, next to nothing. Since they did the same thing as I did 4 years ago and now have PR they have been helping me along the way. If I'd of been doing this by myself it would of cost me a fortune. So I am very grateful.

That's it for now anyway I'll update you all again in a week or 2.
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

SUNSHINEGIRL_X is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the up date it's great to hear how your settling in.
well I've heard that the salon I'm going to is in south Calgary. So not Edmonton after all. apparently they are using a company that tells them which salon has the better chance of getting positive LMIA obviously this is not fact cos when advertising runs it all depends on how many applications come from locals. At least I have a destination now.
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by SUNSHINEGIRL_X
Thanks for the up date it's great to hear how your settling in.
well I've heard that the salon I'm going to is in south Calgary. So not Edmonton after all. apparently they are using a company that tells them which salon has the better chance of getting positive LMIA obviously this is not fact cos when advertising runs it all depends on how many applications come from locals. At least I have a destination now.
You'll be happier in Calgary, Edmontons a sh*t hole anyway!!
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Smudger75
You'll be happier in Calgary, Edmontons a sh*t hole anyway!!
Yes I am happier. It was my hubby who wanted Edmonton. I wanted Calgary.
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Yes I am happier. It was my hubby who wanted Edmonton. I wanted Calgary.
Sounds like it's all working out for you, and it sounds like Tom Scott has landed on his feet I just hope he tells his relatives how grateful he is!! Free lodgings can't be bad!!
Old Apr 5th 2015, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

So my class one truck test is booked for Thursday. That'll be fun! Lol
Old Apr 7th 2015, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Company is placing new adverts this week on Job bank and other sites so the month waiting begins before LMIA application.
I have been told that the current success rate is at 21% for lmia.
Do you think it's low because a lot of mistakes being made in New applications or they are really being that strict.
My company has done all the research needed so I'm hoping for a positive outcome Fingers toes everything crossed.
Old Apr 8th 2015, 7:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Company is placing new adverts this week on Job bank and other sites so the month waiting begins before LMIA application.
I have been told that the current success rate is at 21% for lmia.
Do you think it's low because a lot of mistakes being made in New applications or they are really being that strict.
My company has done all the research needed so I'm hoping for a positive outcome Fingers toes everything crossed.
21% actually sounds quite generous to me, historically something like 60% of LMO's were rejected, and that was before they changed to LMIA's and the rules were tightened up. So I'd be surprised it's that high.
Old Apr 8th 2015, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
21% actually sounds quite generous to me, historically something like 60% of LMO's were rejected, and that was before they changed to LMIA's and the rules were tightened up. So I'd be surprised it's that high.
Thanks Christmasoompa that makes me feel a bit easier. The company had a good success rate in the old LMO system and have done a lot of research into the new system. Just time to sit and wait.
Old Apr 8th 2015, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tomscott
So my class one truck test is booked for Thursday. That'll be fun! Lol
Good luck for Thursday
Old Apr 9th 2015, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Passed my class one test! Getting sent up to Edmonton Monday for a weeks course.
Old Apr 9th 2015, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Well done. Good luck for next week. It's great to hear how you are getting on.
Old Apr 12th 2015, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Ontheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond repute

...thats me entering month 8 waiting for my LMIA <gun to head cocking trigger>. 18 more days and back to the UK I go...through choice.
Old Apr 12th 2015, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ontheroadoflife
...thats me entering month 8 waiting for my LMIA <gun to head cocking trigger>. 18 more days and back to the UK I go...through choice.
It's ridiculous how long it takes for them to process LMIA applications. Especially now a company is paying $1000 dollars per application. Yes if more work needs to be added to the application or is not filled out correctly but 8 months!!!!
What's your job Ontheroadoflife How long have you been in Canada.
Old Apr 12th 2015, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Ontheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond repute

Skill level B, High wage tier, and been here 2 years and 8 months....not bitter..honest...

Those 8 months encompass 3 applications, 2 returned by ESDC, 1 for no reason..seriously..it just came back after 6 weeks. the other as ESDC had changed a form and added a box since we had applied..so our application, while fine when we applied, was now incomplete..thats was another 7 weeks.

It's the processing time thats the joke, if it's a no..fine..no worries, got a job to go back for (just contacted old boss, wants me back..so thats something), it's limbo land I hate...not knowing and it might come at "anytime"

The cynical could wonder how convenient it was that 3 months (2 applications) covered the first three months since the new rules..the period they reported a 74% reduction in applications..showed the government had solved the problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.