LMIA Processing Time?!

Old Aug 11th 2014, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

tomscott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LMIA Processing Time?!

Originally Posted by kate8kate0
Yes we're going to calgary hopefully or Saskatchewan, both lovely places, OH doing trucking. It will be a new lease of life getting to canada eh! we're sooo fed up with uk. Good luck and enjoy it all , as I say not long to go now, for us too! Can't wait.
Sounds like your pretty much in the same boat as me. Lol. What company's have u applied to? Ye where fed up to. Nothin g over here now. Impossible for us to buy an house and live properly. Don't want my son growing up over here either really.
Old Aug 11th 2014, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Unless your Uncle works for ESDC, then you've got no advantage over anybody else!

Sounds like you applied before the changes anyway, so the old timescales will apply to you, figure around 12-16 weeks.

HTH, good luck.
I've seen a few of your posts, and I most say that for a mod you do come across as a bit Obnoxious sometimes!!
Old Aug 11th 2014, 8:27 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smudger75
I've seen a few of your posts, and I most say that for a mod you do come across as a bit Obnoxious sometimes!!
Obnoxious how?, she was being honest with the OP and she is always helpful
Old Aug 11th 2014, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Obnoxious how?, she was being honest with the OP and she is always helpful
Did I say she wasn't helpful? I just think that she could be a bit more subtle in her responses! Have I made it clear enough for you? Ps I didn't know you could get an LMIA for a a knight in shining armour?
Old Aug 13th 2014, 6:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

And that was obnoxious how exactly?! Personally, I'd say that your post is far more obnoxious, as you've actually resorted to name calling, when I've done nothing of the sort. And calling a mod a name too......clever!

There was a bit of good old British banter/sarcasm in my post, as there are in the majority of posts on the forum, but I certainly wasn't rude to the OP and have done nothing but help him.

I'd suggest you have another read of the site rules before posting in that manner again, particularly noting Site Rule 1. And perhaps look up the word 'obnoxious' in a dictionary whilst you're at it too.

^^ That last bit was also sarcasm by the way, not me being obnoxious.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

And that was obnoxious how exactly?! Personally, I'd say that your post is far more obnoxious, as you've actually resorted to name calling, when I've done nothing of the sort. And calling a mod a name too......clever!

There was a bit of good old British banter/sarcasm in my post, as there are in the majority of posts on the forum, but I certainly wasn't rude to the OP and have done nothing but help him.

I'd suggest you have another read of the site rules before posting in that manner again, particularly noting Site Rule 1. And perhaps look up the word 'obnoxious' in a dictionary whilst you're at it too.

^^ That last bit was also sarcasm by the way, not me being obnoxious.
first things first, I don't believe I ever called you a name! Secondly it's just my opinion! Is that against site rules?
Old Aug 14th 2014, 12:56 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

first things first, I don't believe I ever called you a name! Secondly it's just my opinion! Is that against site rules?
You are welcome to an opinion provided you voice them with respect, per site rules.

Do you have anything constructive to say to assist the OP? All I have seen from you so far in this thread are digs at christmasoompa, which really isn't of much help or use to anyone.

Any further comments that are not directly responding to the OP's questions may be removed as off topic.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 8:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

first things first, I don't believe I ever called you a name!
Ah, seems that my tongue in cheek suggestion that you look 'obnoxious' up in the dictionary wasn't so silly after all. It's an adjective, and means 'extremely unpleasant, highly objectionable or offensive; odious'.

So in other words, you called me odious. Does that clarify it for you now?!

I'm still at a loss as to where on earth I've been 'extremely unpleasant' or 'odious' to the OP when all I've done is try to help (ditto for you actually, looking back at your earlier posts/threads when I took the time to help you out and answer your visa questions), but perhaps your understanding of the word you used differs from mine. That would at least explain your bemusing comments and the fact that you felt them appropriate for this thread.

If you'd come out with that to anybody else, I'd have just deleted your post and given you a warning, but as it was against me, I felt I should just respond instead. Next time, I won't bother and will just act with my moderator hat on.

Thx.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 14th 2014 at 8:31 am.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Ah, seems that my tongue in cheek suggestion that you look 'obnoxious' up in the dictionary wasn't so silly after all. It's an adjective, and means 'extremely unpleasant, highly objectionable or offensive; odious'.

So in other words, you called me odious. Does that clarify it for you now?!

I'm still at a loss as to where on earth I've been 'extremely unpleasant' or 'odious' to the OP when all I've done is try to help (ditto for you actually, looking back at your earlier posts/threads when I took the time to help you out and answer your visa questions), but perhaps your understanding of the word you used differs from mine. That would at least explain your bemusing comments and the fact that you felt them appropriate for this thread.

If you'd come out with that to anybody else, I'd have just deleted your post and given you a warning, but as it was against me, I felt I should just respond instead. Next time, I won't bother and will just act with my moderator hat on.

Thx.
feel free!!
Old Aug 14th 2014, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Hants1 has a reputation beyond reputeHants1 has a reputation beyond reputeHants1 has a reputation beyond reputeHants1 has a reputation beyond reputeHants1 has a reputation beyond reputeHants1 has a reputation beyond reputeHants1 has a reputation beyond reputeHants1 has a reputation beyond reputeHants1 has a reputation beyond reputeHants1 has a reputation beyond reputeHants1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I am also waiting on a LMIA for a position in Calgary. I was offered a position end of June and am still waiting. It's very frustrating as we feel as we can not put plans into action until we hear. I've spoken to the company and all they can tell me is that they still haven't heard but not to worry. I think I am just too impatient!!!!!
Old Aug 14th 2014, 11:45 pm
Just Joined

Calgaryscot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tomscott
Ye you do right mate. Jump at whichever comes in. I've been waiting around 11 weeks now. So we'll see. Sick of waiting now lol. Don't know wether we're coming or going. Seems like you've applied for more than one job. What is it your doing over there? I've just gone for the one as my family love in Calgary so they'd be able to help us out with stuff.
Westcan have been doing this a long time so I am sure that they will keep you posted and move things along as quickly as they can :-)
I came to Calgary with them in 2005.
Old Aug 18th 2014, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hants1
Hi

I am also waiting on a LMIA for a position in Calgary. I was offered a position end of June and am still waiting. It's very frustrating as we feel as we can not put plans into action until we hear. I've spoken to the company and all they can tell me is that they still haven't heard but not to worry. I think I am just too impatient!!!!!
Sounds like your in the same boat as me mate. All we can do
IS wait I suppose. But how long do we wait? Can't put my life on hold forever.
Old Aug 18th 2014, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Calgaryscot
Westcan have been doing this a long time so I am sure that they will keep you posted and move things along as quickly as they can :-)
I came to Calgary with them in 2005.
How long did it all take for you mate?
Old Aug 18th 2014, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

Hants1 has a reputation beyond reputeHants1 has a reputation beyond reputeHants1 has a reputation beyond reputeHants1 has a reputation beyond reputeHants1 has a reputation beyond reputeHants1 has a reputation beyond reputeHants1 has a reputation beyond reputeHants1 has a reputation beyond reputeHants1 has a reputation beyond reputeHants1 has a reputation beyond reputeHants1 has a reputation beyond repute

Not long really to be honest, compared to some of the stories I've read here. I turned down a position in Edmonton that had an LMO in April. It wasn't right for us as a family. However I got offered a better job in Calgary which is where we wanted to go. This was in June. So currently been waiting 6-7 weeks for the LMIA. Just want to get things moving!!! How long you been waiting?

Sorry I thought you were asking me the question!!!
Old Aug 21st 2014, 11:32 am
Just Joined

emmabarnett is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi my husband got a job offer in Vancouver as an industrial electrician in June this year.
They submitted the LMIA in June 2014 also. So far its been 9 weeks this week! Anyone have any idea what the processing time is in Vancouver?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.