Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Industrial Pharmacist credential assessment

Industrial Pharmacist credential assessment

Old Jun 4th 2017, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

zeefaryad is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Industrial Pharmacist credential assessment

Hello members,

I need some information regarding my pharmacy qualification assessment, I did my Pharm D. from oversees(Pakistan), and have 4 years Industrial pharmacist experience. I want to apply for Canadian FSW immigration.

My question is do I need to get my credential assessed by PBCA or ECA would do, As I don't intend to work as a Hospital, Clinical or Community Pharmacist but I will be working in Pharmaceutical industry as Industrial Pharmacist. But as previously I hold a degree of Pharm D. and experience in Industrial Pharmacy I will nominate NOC 3131 for immigration purposes.

Could you please help me out on this with some comprehensive answer, as I couldn't find a single answer to this over the internet or from any other assessing body.

Thanks and regard
Old Jun 4th 2017, 4:38 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Industrial Pharmacist credential assessment

Hello and welcome to BE!

You might find the following link useful..

Where can I get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)?
Assessment for pharmacists

If you are a pharmacist (NOC code 3131), where you need to get your report depends on your job.

If you need a license to practice (for example, you care for patients in a community pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, long term care facility, etc.) you must get your report from the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada. (Date designated: January 6, 2014).

If you do not need a license for your job, you can get your assessment from one of the other designated ECA organizations above. For example, if you work in the pharmaceutical industry or government you may need a pharmacy degree but may not need to have a licence to practice.

Contact the regulatory body in the province where you plan to live to find out if you need a licence to practice.