Living and working in Canada.

Old Nov 4th 2013, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Gjkcbr is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Living and working in Canada.

Is there anyone that can give us a straight answer?

My girlfriend and I are looking to work and live in Canada, I am a qualified bricklayer with about 6 years experience but also have my lorry licence as well.

My girlfriend is doing her BA honours degree in law, this is a home study course and will not effect any work commitments, She also has experience working in a high street bank for 2.5 years and office, secretarial and pa experience.

We have had many different answers like "you need a job offer to get a work permit approved" and many more stories but we are just looking for one straight forward answer to help us live our dream.

Thank you in advance
Greg &
Natalie
Old Nov 4th 2013, 2:04 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living and working in Canada.

If you're under 31 years of age look into the IEC visa.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ex.aspx?view=d
Old Nov 4th 2013, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

Gjkcbr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gjkcbr
Is there anyone that can give us a straight answer?

My girlfriend and I are looking to work and live in Canada, I am a qualified bricklayer with about 6 years experience but also have my lorry licence as well.

My girlfriend is doing her BA honours degree in law, this is a home study course and will not effect any work commitments, She also has experience working in a high street bank for 2.5 years and office, secretarial and pa experience.

We have had many different answers like "you need a job offer to get a work permit approved" and many more stories but we are just looking for one straight forward answer to help us live our dream.

Thank you in advance
Greg &
Natalie
Originally Posted by Auld Yin
If you're under 31 years of age look into the IEC visa.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ex.aspx?view=d

Thank you for your reply. This visa does not open again until 2014 and then you have to be quick to get this visa.

We were hoping the possibility of a work permit would bean option for us.

Greg& Natalie
Old Nov 4th 2013, 6:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gjkcbr
Thank you for your reply. This visa does not open again until 2014 and then you have to be quick to get this visa.

We were hoping the possibility of a work permit would bean option for us.

Greg& Natalie
IEC would be your quickest/easiest option by far. Even if you could find a job offer tomorrow, the LMO would still take 12-16 weeks, so you're looking at February or so at the earliest to get a TWP anyway. And of course, realistically, finding an employer prepared to go to the cost/hassle of the LMO application is going to take a while.

So in a nutshell, I'd also vote for the IEC!
Old Nov 4th 2013, 8:52 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

winter is a coming, wait till spring & go for the IEC

Have you looked at what available for jobs as a bricklayer in Canada - if not

http://ca.indeed.com/jobs?q=Bricklayer&l=canada

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/intro-eng.aspx

http://www.wowjobs.ca/jobs-bricklayer-jobs