Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Living outside of Canada whilst citizenship application is being processed

Living outside of Canada whilst citizenship application is being processed

Old Nov 19th 2014, 12:43 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UPDATE ... Citizenship test on 9th December!

Originally Posted by jeannie in a bottle
It's just that I have read on the forum that some people had questions that were not answered in the guide, so I wanted to see if anyone else had the same experience.
They changed all the rules last year so peoples experience here may be misleading.

For example when I did the test the guide said you should know the name of the governor general , the provincial lieutenant governor, local MPs etc, plus if you didnt get certain questions about the rights and responsibilities of citizenship correct you failed no matter how well you did on the rest of the test. Now, as far as Im aware, thats not the case.

I would go by what the current guide says.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 1:48 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living outside of Canada whilst citizenship application is being processed

I recall all the answers being in the guide. I suspect where people may get caught out is that some of the questions refer to captioned photos and sidebar stuff. I bet they skipped that
Old Nov 19th 2014, 2:20 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living outside of Canada whilst citizenship application is being processed

Originally Posted by plasticcanuck
The tests/testing process have been revamped because of a citizenship judge recently found guilty and jailed for collaborating with a couple of Immigration "consultants" to the Chinese community. He was providing them with copies of the tests for money and sexual favours.
How very Canadian, but if you could provide a reference it would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 5:31 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
How very Canadian, but if you could provide a reference it would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Ex-citizenship judge jailed for illegally revealing citizenship exams | Toronto Star
Old Nov 20th 2014, 1:02 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see anything in that article that says the changes were brought about because of this.
the article sets out what he did and that the exams got changed.
are the two linked?
Old Nov 20th 2014, 2:23 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link JAJ...

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
I don't see anything in that article that says the changes were brought about because of this.
the article sets out what he did and that the exams got changed.
are the two linked?
....but as Zoe says, the article says the exams were changed in 2010, increasing the failure rate, which then prompted the Judge to start providing the exam papers to a consultant in 2012-13.

The causality was the other way around.
Old Nov 20th 2014, 4:43 am
Get me out of here ...

jeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond repute

Now gathering all of the documentation I will need for the test date. It says I need to take all the original documents I sent in for my application.

Do I need to take photos again, as they were on the list?
Old Nov 21st 2014, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Phone Phixer is an unknown quantity at this point

No you don't need new photo's.
We did our tests on Nov 7th & took all our original paperwork.
All they wanted to see was the COPR papers and our passports for the whole period. They weren't interested in the education certificates for proof of language ability.
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

joepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond repute

UPDATE!!!!! This morning I received my citizenship test date ... 9th December

Still residing in Vancouver, so no problems on that front now.

Now ... Where did I put the study book ...

Anyone have any advice on the test? It's been a long time since I was in an exam situation!
We (me, my wife and daughter) did our test last Thursday (27th Nov). From our experience, reading the book and answering the questions here was good enough. The actual questions were very similar to the practice ones.
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 4:04 pm
Get me out of here ...

jeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joepublic
We (me, my wife and daughter) did our test last Thursday (27th Nov). From our experience, reading the book and answering the questions here was good enough. The actual questions were very similar to the practice ones.
Thanks joepublic, that's really helpful! I have been practising and am getting 95 to 100% in the tests, so hope my memory holds on the day!
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I've just done the online test and got 70%!
I don't live in Canada, don't know any canadian citizens and my knowledge came from newspapers/TV etc.
Oh, I have visited canada on holiday a few times. last time was 5 years ago.

If i can get 70% with no studying, what are you worried about jeannie in a bottle?
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 5:38 pm
Get me out of here ...

Originally Posted by quiltman
Well, I've just done the online test and got 70%!
I don't live in Canada, don't know any canadian citizens and my knowledge came from newspapers/TV etc.
Oh, I have visited canada on holiday a few times. last time was 5 years ago.

If i can get 70% with no studying, what are you worried about jeannie in a bottle?
just the unknown I suppose! The questions in the actual test may not mirror the online tests 100%? Maybe I am remembering the wrong questions/answers, and when I get in the exam room they may all be different?

Bit like the recurring dream where you get into an exam room and don't understand the questions let alone the answers
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 5:46 am
Get me out of here ...

Were there any questions that were not in the practice test? BTW did you all pass?
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

joepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond repute

Were there any questions that were not in the practice test? BTW did you all pass?
I remember I had one about Wayne Gretzky, which wasn't in the practice questions. We all passed; my wife got 17, my daughter 18, and I got 20.
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 12:56 pm
Get me out of here ...

I remember I had one about Wayne Gretzky, which wasn't in the practice questions. We all passed; my wife got 17, my daughter 18, and I got 20.
Congratulations to you all! So, if I am doing well in the practice tests I should be ok?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.