Live In Caregiver but a relative

Old Jan 13th 2013, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

perkinsgap is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Live In Caregiver but a relative

Please can someone point me in the right direction. I have looked on the web site (CIC) and on the forum but I am looking for a live in care giver but I would like to hire my brother in law as I have a child with special needs and he knows what my son needs. This is not a run of the mill job as I also work away from home. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 1:51 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Live In Caregiver but a relative

It is always difficult to get a relative into Canada as a live in caregiver. You may have a case but you will need to prepare it very well and make sound arguments for employing your brother. His qualifications for the work will be very important.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 2:49 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Live In Caregiver but a relative

Hi

Originally Posted by perkinsgap
Please can someone point me in the right direction. I have looked on the web site (CIC) and on the forum but I am looking for a live in care giver but I would like to hire my brother in law as I have a child with special needs and he knows what my son needs. This is not a run of the mill job as I also work away from home. Any advice would be appreciated.
He has to have the equivalent of Grade 12 in Canada and meet the following:

Training or work experience requirement [R112(c)]
Applicants under the LCP must have completed at least:
• six months of full-time training in a classroom setting in a field or occupation related to the employment for which the work permit is sought; or
• one year of full-time paid employment, including at least six months of continuous employment with one employer, in such a field or occupation within the three years immediately before the day on which they submit an application for a work permit. Prospective live-in caregivers must meet either the training or work experience requirement in order to be eligible for a work permit under the LCP.