A little patience......?

Old Jun 12th 2009, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

lifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to all
Default A little patience......?

Hi everyone,

Been reading the site for a few months now, wish I'd found it years ago.....

We (me, hubbie and two little ones, 3 and 6) moved from near Eastbourne to near Hamilton in Ontario in June 07 and are loving our new life in Canada.

We are currently here on my hubbie's study permit, he's a full time student doing physiotherapy and due to finish in Sep 09 (yippee, been a hard slog but seems to have been worth it).

We submitted our request for permanent residency under the Federal Skilled Worker class in November 08, sent to Buffalo (as per instructions at the time).

So far all we've had is a letter dated 25th March 09, stating they've received our application, giving us a file number, and asking us to be patient (!) and not to contact them. On the CIC website our file is still at the starting blocks stuck on 'application received'.

Do I just need to learn to be more patient and not expect anything for at least another six months?

Do I call them and politely ask them if there's likely to be any movement by the time hubbie graduates or will this risk annoying them and our file getting put to the bottom of the pile?

Hubbie is in the final stages of lining up a job for when he graduates, which would mean he would apply for a Post Graduate work permit and at the same time I would apply for an Open work permit. So I am not worried about us getting kicked out as such, just frustrated by the lack of contact from CIC.

I wonder whether we have wasted our time applying for residency when we did and whether should have just waited another year and then applied under the Canadian Experience Class instead.

Any thoughts, suggestions, similar experiences would be welcome.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 5:23 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A little patience......?

Hi

Originally Posted by lifeisajourney
Hi everyone,

Been reading the site for a few months now, wish I'd found it years ago.....

We (me, hubbie and two little ones, 3 and 6) moved from near Eastbourne to near Hamilton in Ontario in June 07 and are loving our new life in Canada.

We are currently here on my hubbie's study permit, he's a full time student doing physiotherapy and due to finish in Sep 09 (yippee, been a hard slog but seems to have been worth it).

We submitted our request for permanent residency under the Federal Skilled Worker class in November 08, sent to Buffalo (as per instructions at the time).

So far all we've had is a letter dated 25th March 09, stating they've received our application, giving us a file number, and asking us to be patient (!) and not to contact them. On the CIC website our file is still at the starting blocks stuck on 'application received'.

Do I just need to learn to be more patient and not expect anything for at least another six months?

Do I call them and politely ask them if there's likely to be any movement by the time hubbie graduates or will this risk annoying them and our file getting put to the bottom of the pile?

Hubbie is in the final stages of lining up a job for when he graduates, which would mean he would apply for a Post Graduate work permit and at the same time I would apply for an Open work permit. So I am not worried about us getting kicked out as such, just frustrated by the lack of contact from CIC.

I wonder whether we have wasted our time applying for residency when we did and whether should have just waited another year and then applied under the Canadian Experience Class instead.

Any thoughts, suggestions, similar experiences would be welcome.
1. It is quite possible that Buffalo may shift the application to Sydney NS for review, to see if it qualifies for FSW1,2, 3.
2. Did the principle applicant qualify under the list of "38" http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...008-11-28a.asp with at least one years experience in an occupation in the list?
3. If not, then your application will be coming back most likely.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

lifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to all

Hi,

Yes sorry should have said, Hubbie met the criteria, including the relevant experience from the magic 38 list.

If they move our file to Sydney they better do it carefully and not lose anything - our submission was around 2 inches thick!
Old Jun 12th 2009, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

vegasrockstar will become famous soon enoughvegasrockstar will become famous soon enough

Be patient - if you chase them before the average application processing time on the cic website has been exceeded they will most likely not respond (even if you chase after it has been exceeded they most likely won't respond either!). From my experience the Canadian Immigration people are really not into client interaction at all - strange considering that Canadian people on the whole are such a friendly race!
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

londonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Not sure if its the same for your application but with mine I recieved the letter telling me to take my passport into CIC London (to get the visa attached) before my online status changed at all.

I think that its well known that they don't really update the status very well

Good luck
Old Jun 13th 2009, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your comments and advice.

Hopefully we should have an offer of employment letter in the next week or two that I'll send to CIC, hopefully that might speed things up for us.

Otherwise, I'll just have to stop obsessing and be more patient (easier said than done.....).
Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

cserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to all

My ECAS status still says:

"We started processing your application on April 27, 2007. "

Even though we've had a document request and returned them special delivery to CHC London.

Someone said on here it takes them an age to update the online system, so can only suppose this to be true!