"The List" sorry please explain

Old Feb 22nd 2009, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

paul-niki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "The List" sorry please explain

Hello All,

The Duchess and I have been away for a couple of months and have now come back more confused than ever.
We were persuing the TWP avenue and had come up empty after hundreds of job applications I had made.
We had decided that on our return we would bite the bullet and use an agency, (desperate times and all that) even though many have a less than enviable reputation.
It now seems that a "list" (viewed it on the BE Wiki) dated 28/11/08 had been produced. A quick scan shows that I have career experience of three of the listed occupations.
What do we do next? Literally been aware of this "list" for about 15 minutes and would rather get quick, concise info from you lot instead of trawling 'tinternet on dial up.

No sarcie comments about the fact I am 3 months behind the rest of the world please.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: "The List" sorry please explain

What list?
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 8:01 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/THE_LIST-Canada

This one...
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Flirty!
Prefer the green lips BTW
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 8:06 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinger24
Thanks Flirty!
Prefer the green lips BTW
lol, SteveP said they looked mouldy...i'll bring them back for St Paddy's day...
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

halftheworldaway is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paul-niki
Hello All,

The Duchess and I have been away for a couple of months and have now come back more confused than ever.
We were persuing the TWP avenue and had come up empty after hundreds of job applications I had made.
We had decided that on our return we would bite the bullet and use an agency, (desperate times and all that) even though many have a less than enviable reputation.
It now seems that a "list" (viewed it on the BE Wiki) dated 28/11/08 had been produced. A quick scan shows that I have career experience of three of the listed occupations.
What do we do next? Literally been aware of this "list" for about 15 minutes and would rather get quick, concise info from you lot instead of trawling 'tinternet on dial up.

No sarcie comments about the fact I am 3 months behind the rest of the world please.
If you have 1 years experience in of one the 38 occupations on the list of jobs in demand and you meet the 67 point criteria you can submit an application for a skilled workers visa (PR) without pre-arranged employment. Your application should be fast-tracked and hopefully you would get your visa within 12 months.

If you go to the CIC website, you can get the forms to apply.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 8:16 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Have a look here paul, this might help
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-how.asp

make sure when your choosing an immigration representative you pick one approved by the CHC
Old Feb 25th 2009, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

paul-niki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by neilt
If you have 1 years experience in of one the 38 occupations on the list of jobs in demand and you meet the 67 point criteria you can submit an application for a skilled workers visa (PR) without pre-arranged employment. Your application should be fast-tracked and hopefully you would get your visa within 12 months.

If you go to the CIC website, you can get the forms to apply.
Thanks for replies folks.

12 Months?! Is this really a feasible time frame. I have 3+ years experience in three of the occupations and about 69/70 points. I would do any of the jobs if it means we can get there quick.
Christ, if I have to put a dress on to get there quick then smack my arse and call me susan!

Thanks again, Paul
Old Feb 25th 2009, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Susan!