Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

list all trips you, and if applicable, your family members have taken outside your co

list all trips you, and if applicable, your family members have taken outside your co

Old Sep 10th 2012, 12:57 am
Just Joined

mike.1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default list all trips you, and if applicable, your family members have taken outside your co

Hi
I'm applying for PNP. Currently I'm in Canada. For the following question, do I need to mention my travel to my home country and/or to Canada as well?

"list all trips you, and if applicable, your family members have taken outside your country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since your 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). "

Thanks
Old Sep 10th 2012, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: list all trips you, and if applicable, your family members have taken outside you

Originally Posted by mike.1980
Hi
I'm applying for PNP. Currently I'm in Canada. For the following question, do I need to mention my travel to my home country and/or to Canada as well?

"list all trips you, and if applicable, your family members have taken outside your country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since your 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). "

Thanks
Hi Mike,

they ask for all, so the answer is yes.
We are also applying for PNP, so we had the same pleasure.

Regards
Conmar
Old Sep 10th 2012, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Default Re: list all trips you, and if applicable, your family members have taken outside you

Originally Posted by Conmar
Hi Mike,

they ask for all, so the answer is yes.
We are also applying for PNP, so we had the same pleasure.

Regards
Conmar
Thank you for your reply. But it is saying all of the trips which have been taken outside your country of origin or of residence

Based on the question I guess we don't need to mention either travels to my home country or travels to Canada (the country that I live in).

Last edited by mike.1980; Sep 10th 2012 at 11:29 am.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mike.1980
Thank you for your reply. But it is saying all of the trips which have been taken outside your country of origin or of residence

Based on the question I guess we don't need to mention either travels to my home country or travels to Canada (the country that I live in).
Hi Mike,

I understand the stipulation as follows:

As long as you are travelling inside Canada (your country of residence) or inside your home country, you do not have to mention it. As soon as you cross the border, you have to.

To travel to your home country or your country of residence you had first to take a trip outside, right? For us it goes without saying that you are simply returning, but as soon as bureaucrazy is involved I would try not to leave any question whatsoever unanswered. You never know, right?
Anyway that is the way we handled it, first we mentioned e.g. the flight to Canada (Switzerland being the country of our residence) and next the return flight to Switzerland. Once in Canada, Canada than being the country of our residence, having to return to our home country, we would also mention both flights:
Canada->Home Country
Home Country-> Canada
Don't know if I made my point clearly enough, hope you understand what I mean..
Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Conmar
Hi Mike,

I understand the stipulation as follows:

As long as you are travelling inside Canada (your country of residence) or inside your home country, you do not have to mention it. As soon as you cross the border, you have to.

To travel to your home country or your country of residence you had first to take a trip outside, right? For us it goes without saying that you are simply returning, but as soon as bureaucrazy is involved I would try not to leave any question whatsoever unanswered. You never know, right?
Anyway that is the way we handled it, first we mentioned e.g. the flight to Canada (Switzerland being the country of our residence) and next the return flight to Switzerland. Once in Canada, Canada than being the country of our residence, having to return to our home country, we would also mention both flights:
Canada->Home Country
Home Country-> Canada
Don't know if I made my point clearly enough, hope you understand what I mean..
Thank you for the clarification
Also, could you please let me know if we need to send the nomination letter sent to us or we need to send a copy of the letter? (However on the nomination letter sent to us by itself it says it is a copy.)

Thank you so much