Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

A-Levels (some) getting assessed by WES as a diploma.??

A-Levels (some) getting assessed by WES as a diploma.??

Old May 19th 2019, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Addzz120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A-Levels (some) getting assessed by WES as a diploma.??

Here are the threads i’ve collated, if anyone finds this thread it may help them.

Third one down is the guy with my same credential all these got the lucky avce outcome. (Lucky, lucky lads)

<snip>

post 34 on this one

BTEC Level 3 Diploma & WES Evaluation

post 15

<Snip>

Last edited by Siouxie; May 19th 2019 at 6:55 pm. Reason: You've been asked 3 times not to post links to that forum.
Old May 19th 2019, 6:59 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Addzz120
Here are the threads i’ve collated, if anyone finds this thread it may help them.

Third one down is the guy with my same credential all these got the lucky avce outcome. (Lucky, lucky lads)

<snip>

post 34 on this one

BTEC Level 3 Diploma & WES Evaluation

post 15

<Snip>

Please stop posting links to the other forum; as has already been said by both Christmasoompa and myself that forum is notorious for posting inaccurate or incorrect information.
Thank you.

You are welcome to post links from OFFICIAL websites or to BE threads / posts or the BE Wik to the Immigration Forum. We prefer to keep our Immigration forum accurate.

We'll be interested to hear what WES assess it at.

Last edited by Siouxie; May 19th 2019 at 7:02 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2019, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hi.

I got the outcome as a two year diploma just yesterday! Now I can select two or more degrees / certificates.

I don't know what the reasons are if it was due to be it being worth two A-levels and/or study time or if it was due to it originally being a college course. However anyone with an AVCE should send it to WES immediately. I'm over the moon as I now will be able to come to Canada with a much higher score.
Old Sep 5th 2019, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Philly15 is an unknown quantity at this point

What was your AVCE in? Did you complete it over 2 years full time? I have a BTEC Foundation Diploma in ART & Design which was 120 credits over 1 year.
Old Sep 5th 2019, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Philly15
What was your AVCE in? Did you complete it over 2 years full time? I have a BTEC Foundation Diploma in ART & Design which was 120 credits over 1 year.
information communication technology it was two years so I think more credit value. I think the key component is that if it's two years study in one subject and gets you to uni that's pretty much what Canadian use to get to college.

BTEC national diploma is on par with AVCE but it might need to be two years not one....i dont know. I'd lob it in and hope for the best.
Old Sep 5th 2019, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Philly15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah going to see. It has more credit value that some 2 year courses! I would expect it to be at least a 1 year post college certificate but the way things are in Canada it could be anything!
Old Sep 5th 2019, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Thats good then, if you just need it to be a one year i would hope that would pass.
even if wes don’t see it that way i would then take it CES (who also do avce as diploma) and the Alberta one which has a lower criteria. Either way......three rolls of the dice.

oh yeah FYI, ICAS said my avce was basically high school garbage � ���� don’t use them.