Letters & Addresses

Old Mar 7th 2022, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Drunkarchaeologist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Letters & Addresses

Hi all, hope everyone is welll, me again to bug you all about immigration stuff hahaha. Two questions on this one really, so we're pretty much there with the forms, we're just getting together the last bits of supporting evidence. So we're currently getting letters from friends and family for some of the supporting evidence, are these ok typed up? As obviously when they're signing their name it's just typed and not an actual signature say as if you were writing with a pen.

Second question is about addresses, so we are thinking about moving from our current house in June to move in with my family, as I part own a business with my brother so I'm going to go help out there. And we thought if the two of us moved in with my family we'd be paying next to no rent so it'll give us a chance to save a load up before we go, and also we don't have the hassle of having to give notices at work and try and get rid of all our stuff, we can basically just go. So really my question is how do we state this on our forms? As we're hoping to have them sent off this month but we won't be possibly moving house till June.

Thanks in advance
Drunkarchaeologist
Old Mar 8th 2022, 1:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Letters & Addresses

It's fine for your friends to type the letters, but they'll need to sign them properly too.

And put your current address on the form, then if/when you move you do a case specific email to inform them of it - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-r...e-cas-eng.aspx

HTH, good luck.
Old Mar 8th 2022, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
It's fine for your friends to type the letters, but they'll need to sign them properly too.

And put your current address on the form, then if/when you move you do a case specific email to inform them of it - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-r...e-cas-eng.aspx

HTH, good luck.
So actually do their signature by hand? Like with a pen etc or are digital signatures ok?

Thanks
Drunkarchaeologist
Old Mar 8th 2022, 3:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Drunkarchaeologist View Post
So actually do their signature by hand? Like with a pen etc or are digital signatures ok?

Thanks
Drunkarchaeologist
Pen and ink ideally, as with any formal letter.
Old Mar 8th 2022, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
Pen and ink ideally, as with any formal letter.
Ok cool, we've just had some letters from people in Canada, so I'll make sure then sign them then scan them and email them to us, thanks for the heads up
Old Mar 8th 2022, 5:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Drunkarchaeologist View Post
Ok cool, we've just had some letters from people in Canada, so I'll make sure then sign them then scan them and email them to us, thanks for the heads up
Perfect. Make sure they've included contact details on the letters too.

Good luck.