Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

letter of support for TWP from SINP

Wikiposts

letter of support for TWP from SINP

Old Jul 10th 2013, 3:35 am
?

jwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to behold
Default letter of support for TWP from SINP

Hi

Just beginning the process of applying via the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program.

I have received my job offer letter.
I will be going over on my own with wife and children to follow in 6 months time after I land.

Although the SINP process takes 6-7 months my understanding is a letter of support is issued after the SINP sends the nominations cert to CIC and typically thats around the three month mark?

With this letter of support how do you get the TWP?
Please note that in some cases, the worker can also apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada for a temporary work permit that will allow them to start working before their permanent residence is approved. The SINP will send nominees a work permit support letter that can be used to apply for a temporary work permit after nomination.
Is this letter of support in fact similar to an LMO in that it allows you to get a TWP fairly quickly?

Do I need to sponsor my wife and children when they come over or does the SINP take care of that, e.g my wife wants to work when she gets here but would require an open TWP.

While waiting for the PR would I be able to take up a second job? say bar work or am I limited to the one job as stipulated on the job offer letter?

Regards

John
Old Jul 10th 2013, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: letter of support for TWP from SINP

Originally Posted by jwtimmon
Hi

Just beginning the process of applying via the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program.

I have received my job offer letter.
I will be going over on my own with wife and children to follow in 6 months time after I land.

Although the SINP process takes 6-7 months my understanding is a letter of support is issued after the SINP sends the nominations cert to CIC and typically thats around the three month mark?

With this letter of support how do you get the TWP?

Is this letter of support in fact similar to an LMO in that it allows you to get a TWP fairly quickly?

Do I need to sponsor my wife and children when they come over or does the SINP take care of that, e.g my wife wants to work when she gets here but would require an open TWP.

While waiting for the PR would I be able to take up a second job? say bar work or am I limited to the one job as stipulated on the job offer letter?

Regards

John
I'm not entirely sure about the SNIP criteria, as we did the ON PNP one, but they will be similar with regards to work permit etc.

Just take the letter with you when you land, along with your job offer letter, copy of nomination certificate etc. You will be issued a TWP on entry providing you are from a visa exempt country.

With ON PNP my wife could have got an open work permit. If this is possible with SINP she and the kids will need to be on your nomination certificate as dependents. She can get her TWP when she lands by showing a copy of your letter, nomination certificate and work permit along with your marriage certificate.

If your nomination is based on a job offer, you will be restricted to work only in that job.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

AJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant future

Hi,
Have literally just been through this process. Husband arrived Sask two months ago with nomination letter and job offer letter, he got a years temporary work permit when he landed in Canada. Immigration officer said this would be long enough as we were applying for permanent residency. My daughter and I flew to Sask three weeks ago, I was issued with a spouse open work permit valid for the same amount of time as my husbands. I had to show a copy of the nomination letter, a copy of his job offer and a copy of his temporary work permit. My daughter was issued with a years visitor visa as she is returning to Scotland to attend university in September. Immigration officer could not have been nicer or more helpful. Whole process was painless.
Angela
Old Jul 11th 2013, 7:51 am
?

jwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the replies.

That's all positive and good to hear. How long from submitting the application to getting the support letter did it take?

John
Old Jul 11th 2013, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

AJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant future

Hi John,

From submission of SINP application to arrival of nomination letter took seven months and a few days. However, I think it can take longer for some if your paperwork is not spot on. The letter from the employer was also crucial.
That said once the nomination letter came through everything happened really quickly, as soon as my husband arrived in Sask our lawyer submitted the PR application so we are hopeful that it will go through smoothly too.
Angela