Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

letter of permission to take child out of country.

letter of permission to take child out of country.

Old Nov 27th 2005, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light
Talking letter of permission to take child out of country.

HI all, if you have read any of my previous posts you will know that i am having problems getting letter from ex husband to give permission to take our daughter out of the country to emigrate to canada. 1st problem is that i have not had contact with him in 10 years. I have recently contacted his sister who i explained situation to, she said ex would write letter of permission, no problem she said. Unable to contact him direct as daughter is not 18 to April and that may mean maintenance if found!(real stand up guy!) Anyway, since then i have heard zilch, nothing. Which is what i expected. My next move is to compose a letter, send it care of his sister and ask him to have it notarized at the soliciters. I will also enclose a cheque so that he doesnt have to pay anything and state i am not interested in maintenance, which i never have i may add. Does anyone have any idea what i should write in this letter? anyone done one themselves?

any help appreciated.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 6:12 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future
Default Re: letter of permission to take child out of country.

Hi I have sent you a PM

Originally Posted by jempee
HI all, if you have read any of my previous posts you will know that i am having problems getting letter from ex husband to give permission to take our daughter out of the country to emigrate to canada. 1st problem is that i have not had contact with him in 10 years. I have recently contacted his sister who i explained situation to, she said ex would write letter of permission, no problem she said. Unable to contact him direct as daughter is not 18 to April and that may mean maintenance if found!(real stand up guy!) Anyway, since then i have heard zilch, nothing. Which is what i expected. My next move is to compose a letter, send it care of his sister and ask him to have it notarized at the soliciters. I will also enclose a cheque so that he doesnt have to pay anything and state i am not interested in maintenance, which i never have i may add. Does anyone have any idea what i should write in this letter? anyone done one themselves?

any help appreciated.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gooding
Hi I have sent you a PM
Thanks for the advice once again on how to set out a letter. Hopefully he will respond this time.

See you are due to go 10th December, i hope all goes well for you and you have a great christmas in Canada.

Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:14 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

HI all, if you have read any of my previous posts you will know that i am having problems getting letter from ex husband to give permission to take our daughter out of the country to emigrate to canada. 1st problem is that i have not had contact with him in 10 years. I have recently contacted his sister who i explained situation to, she said ex would write letter of permission, no problem she said. Unable to contact him direct as daughter is not 18 to April and that may mean maintenance if found!(real stand up guy!)
Why not just make the application anyway? Once your daughter turns 18 the issue becomes irrelevant.

It'a arguable as to whether permission is needed even now, as for many purposes children aged 16 and 17 in the UK are free to make their own choices as to where they live. Or at least that's my understanding of UK law.

Jeremy
Old Nov 27th 2005, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

poeticjustice is an unknown quantity at this point

any help appreciated.
Good luck, I submitted a letter from ex-husband with a legal stamp to the Buffalo NY USA office and then was told I needed a court signed document. I guess it all depends where your application is being processed. Again best of luck to you.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Colsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura about

Hi JemPee,

What a guy!!!!!

Have you tried putting the wind up him? If you go to www.192.com you can search the online electoral roll. You have to pay, It is about 20 pounds for 12 searches. You can search on a full name even if you don't know where he lives. Everyone is listed on this, it is not like the phone book where you can opt out.

I would then send him a message recorded delivery asking for the document you require. You can put the wind up him on two counts - one you have found out where he lives. Two, say something like if he doesn't provide the document in 14 days then you will consider passing his contact details on to the CSA. That should get you a reply by return!!!!

Louise
Old Nov 28th 2005, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Angry Re: letter of permission to take child out of country.

Originally Posted by Colsgirl
Hi JemPee,

What a guy!!!!!

Have you tried putting the wind up him? If you go to www.192.com you can search the online electoral roll. You have to pay, It is about 20 pounds for 12 searches. You can search on a full name even if you don't know where he lives. Everyone is listed on this, it is not like the phone book where you can opt out.

I would then send him a message recorded delivery asking for the document you require. You can put the wind up him on two counts - one you have found out where he lives. Two, say something like if he doesn't provide the document in 14 days then you will consider passing his contact details on to the CSA. That should get you a reply by return!!!!

Louise
loved your posting, made me smile at the end of a very hard day at work.
Had already tried 192.com in 2003 when we changed the childrens name by deed poll. But if he is not registered as living anywhere he is not on there!
Sent letter of last night to see if i get any response at least then i know i have tried. I have stated in the letter all i want is him to sign and am asking nothing else. I am banking on the fact that i dont/wont need his permission due to the fact she is nearly 18 but am covering my back so to speak. Husband tells me not to worry for 2 reasons. 1) CHC will not be to concerned as she will be turning 18 shortly and will be 18 by the time visas come. 2) her brother is coming with us (he is 18) so it is not like he will try and stop her as he has no choice but to let our son go.
When i first called his sister i did stress that if i have to get a residence order to take her out of the country it would cost him money, solicitors etc laid it on thick about how much it would cost him etc. which is when she assured me he would write the letter. Unfourtunatly i have found out yesterday that a girl he had a child with after he left us has managed to track him down through the CSA (my mum saw her when shopping in a diff town) but he only made 1 payment last year and then didnt pay anything else so they are now homing in on him again. so odds are he will move again soon.
I will get tough if i have to but after stressing about it at the weekend im starting to lean towards my hubbys way of thinking that they will except coveriing letter from daughter and myself stating the situation. I can only hope this will be the case. Thanks for taking the time to reply.