Letter of Evidence for a friend

Old Aug 1st 2005, 6:52 am
Just Joined

DJAD74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Letter of Evidence for a friend

Hello All,
Am in a little dilema here,a good freind of mine want me to write a letter so that she attached it to her documents before sending the husband applicaton for permanent residence, how long I have known her and also how long I have knwon that they are married and are in a loving relationship, but dont know how to start and end.
So if any of you Pals here have been in that situation or know how to get around this letter please fell free to contact me at [email protected]
Thanks for all in reading and giving me any usefull advise that will help

Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Letter of Evidence for a friend

Unless you have a particularly high-ranking qualification (i.e. an MP, judge, high up the police force, etc) I can't see how this type of letter would benefit her application in the slightest. There are other ways of proving the relationship, most of which have been detailed on this forum already (do a search through previous posts for suggestions). Personally, I wouldn't recommend you write this letter, not least of which, and I mean no offense by this, but English is clearly not your first language.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:25 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
Unless you have a particularly high-ranking qualification (i.e. an MP, judge, high up the police force, etc) I can't see how this type of letter would benefit her application in the slightest. There are other ways of proving the relationship, most of which have been detailed on this forum already (do a search through previous posts for suggestions). Personally, I wouldn't recommend you write this letter, not least of which, and I mean no offense by this, but English is clearly not your first language.
Assuming that the letter is in support of a common law or spousal relationship then it can be from anyone who has known the couple for a long time. I got a letter from friends stating that they had known us for x years, that we had been living together for y years, that they had attended functions at our house, been on holiday with us etc etc. Got it notarised by a notary public and attached it as supporting evidence of our relationship. IIRC I had two letters from friends, one from my father and one from my partners father. This was as recommended by our immigration lawyer and must of worked cos I got PR in 6 mths and are here now!
Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Assuming that the letter is in support of a common law or spousal relationship then it can be from anyone who has known the couple for a long time. I got a letter from friends stating that they had known us for x years, that we had been living together for y years, that they had attended functions at our house, been on holiday with us etc etc. Got it notarised by a notary public and attached it as supporting evidence of our relationship. IIRC I had two letters from friends, one from my father and one from my partners father. This was as recommended by our immigration lawyer and must of worked cos I got PR in 6 mths and are here now!

Hi There,
Thanks for the comment and help, This is all the lead I was looking forward to so as to start making this letters soon, and that Dude telling me English is not my 1st language so I cant write it.
Thanks alot Man. Have a on me.........
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 12:49 am
Just Joined

p177772005 is on a distinguished road

Hi,
There are many countries where English is not spoken and people apply from there to migrate to Canada all the time. So, I don't think that English not being the first language is a problem in migrating, let alone writing the supporting letter for a friend. I got 2 letters from our friends, one is from France and another is from China.

About the letters being accepted as an evidence or not, it really depends on the officer. No-one can say that this thing will put more weight on your application and another thing won't. In our case, we came to know from CAIPS that they never looked at our photographs, But Interview officer did have a look at the supporting letters from our friends and my family, which were just simple emails and not even notarised.

I am going to send you the letters I have, just to give you an idea. Hope that helps you and your friend a little.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by p177772005
Hi,
There are many countries where English is not spoken and people apply from there to migrate to Canada all the time. So, I don't think that English not being the first language is a problem in migrating, let alone writing the supporting letter for a friend. I got 2 letters from our friends, one is from France and another is from China.

About the letters being accepted as an evidence or not, it really depends on the officer. No-one can say that this thing will put more weight on your application and another thing won't. In our case, we came to know from CAIPS that they never looked at our photographs, But Interview officer did have a look at the supporting letters from our friends and my family, which were just simple emails and not even notarised.

I am going to send you the letters I have, just to give you an idea. Hope that helps you and your friend a little.
Thanks P177772005, Have received your letter and comments, your idea and help is greatly helpful. Once again thank you.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 10:08 am
Just Joined

p177772005 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DJAD74
Thanks P177772005, Have received your letter and comments, your idea and help is greatly helpful. Once again thank you.
No problm. Best of luck with your application.