Letter attesting native language?

Old Sep 15th 2004, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

Gunthardt100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Letter attesting native language?

Hi - I need advice on where to go for a letter attesting my native language is English. Is this something I need to ask a solicitor for, or would a letter from a University lecturer suffice?

Also, in the checklist of documents to provide it lists 'notarized employment contracts from your present and past employers - do I really need to get these as far back as age 18?
Old Sep 16th 2004, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

mirekj will become famous soon enoughmirekj will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Letter attesting native language?

Hi

About the language, in my opinion if you are from non English speaking country, but you know English well or very well, just take the IELTS, this is confident proof and you can check what level of English you represent.

If the checklist says you need to submit specific docs, just do it, these are the basic requirements and you have to submit all they want.

good luck
MJ

Originally Posted by Gunthardt100
Hi - I need advice on where to go for a letter attesting my native language is English. Is this something I need to ask a solicitor for, or would a letter from a University lecturer suffice?

Also, in the checklist of documents to provide it lists 'notarized employment contracts from your present and past employers - do I really need to get these as far back as age 18?
Old Sep 16th 2004, 1:08 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Ig English is your native language that can usually be done by stating that you were born, raised and schooled in the English language in wherever it was. If you spent considerable time overseas then you should mention the schools you attended through primary and on..
Old Sep 16th 2004, 1:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mirekj
Hi

About the language, in my opinion if you are from non English speaking country, but you know English well or very well, just take the IELTS, this is confident proof and you can check what level of English you represent.

If the checklist says you need to submit specific docs, just do it, these are the basic requirements and you have to submit all they want.

good luck
MJ
Thanks MJ!

I am from britain, and english is my first-language but the documentation says that even if this is the case you need a letter and attesting to this I just haven't a clue who I need to speak to about this :-)
Old Sep 16th 2004, 1:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Ig English is your native language that can usually be done by stating that you were born, raised and schooled in the English language in wherever it was. If you spent considerable time overseas then you should mention the schools you attended through primary and on..
Hi Jim - So I can put this letter together myself and that will be okay? J
Old Sep 16th 2004, 2:40 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jim - So I can put this letter together myself and that will be okay? J
If you have ann all English background you can just say so and give some details as to schooling and employment history.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 3:06 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Letter attesting native language?

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
If you have ann all English background you can just say so and give some details as to schooling and employment history.
Great! Thanks Jim. I really appreciate your advice on this. Applying is daunting, but keeping in mind why we are going through this keeps the motivation levels up :-)