Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

That Legal form re: Police record ?

That Legal form re: Police record ?

Old Apr 12th 2009, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future
Default That Legal form re: Police record ?

Completely forgotten what its called - and i'm sober

maybe thats the problem !

also

do certain things last on this record then fall off after a few years ?

its for a friend - they were taken away from their house
by the boys in blue - he had freaked due to stress

bit complicated but wondering if this stuff lasts for years
or drops off after a few ?

i realise that proper criminal record stuff as in prison would
be different

thanks
Old Apr 12th 2009, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: That Legal form re: Police record ?

depends on exactly what happened?

yes police checks go back a very long way didnt use to until the soham murders then they changed the retention rules

more concern would be anyone with a mental health problem and meds? and how this might affect immigration

best advice send for the police check and see whats on it

and even if its clear be sure to declare to immigration

honesty means you can sleep easy in your bed once in canada and dont risk losing PR
Old Apr 12th 2009, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future

do you remember the form name ?

i found a pdf on the web way back but as i dont know what
its called i cant find it again . . .
Old Apr 12th 2009, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

ACPO google for the site the form etc is on there
Old Apr 12th 2009, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

hi

just found it at the same time

http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

chumley - blimey your fast

thanks for the reply
Old Apr 12th 2009, 1:32 pm
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 2008orbust
Completely forgotten what its called - and i'm sober

maybe thats the problem !

also

do certain things last on this record then fall off after a few years ?

its for a friend - they were taken away from their house
by the boys in blue - he had freaked due to stress

i realise that proper criminal record stuff as in prison would
be different

thanks

endless public agonising, some of it by me, is available via the search button.

sorry if that comes across as brusque but the information therein is better then any synopsis i could possibly write here.

good luck.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 2008orbust
Note that, if I remember correctly, the question asks whether you've ever been arrested, convicted, etc, not whether it's on your current record. Obviously if they did nothing wrong then it shouldn't be a problem but, as mentioned, any past mental health issues might come up during the medical.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

rickuk is a jewel in the roughrickuk is a jewel in the roughrickuk is a jewel in the roughrickuk is a jewel in the rough

hi, an ACRO will come back clean....if you need to show any arrests etc then you need to apply for a PNC record.
PNC checks show up everything even if not convicted or charged.

Richard
Old Apr 17th 2009, 6:31 am
getting ready to apply!

snowdemon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick question, what happens if ithe acpo form is clean although you know you did something which resulted in some kind of community service but you cant remember what or when it was (20/25 years ago), dont like the idea of a pnc check does it have details of being questioned for something?
Old Apr 17th 2009, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

rickuk is a jewel in the roughrickuk is a jewel in the roughrickuk is a jewel in the roughrickuk is a jewel in the rough

pnc check has all records whether charged or not.
you could leave it with just acro but is a risk of being found out and turned down for not reveiling. 50/50 gamble.

Richard
Old Apr 18th 2009, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by snowdemon
Quick question, what happens if ithe acpo form is clean although you know you did something which resulted in some kind of community service but you cant remember what or when it was (20/25 years ago), dont like the idea of a pnc check does it have details of being questioned for something?
Even if it was 20 years ago, I doubt anyone who had been convicted of an offense and sentenced to Community Service, would forget when and what it was. I would have thought this kind of thing would stick in your mind?
Old Apr 18th 2009, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

I reckon they only know what you tell them to be honest

and the ACPO is enough to go on

think i'll get my friend to request one of those ACPO checks
in a month or two and see what it looks like