left PR card at home

Old Nov 11th 2019, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute
Default left PR card at home

Hello,
hopefully someone can answer this , we are in los Cabos mexico arrived yesterday .
On the flight i realised I took my drivers licence with me instead of my PR card .
I have a pic of the front and back of the card it is good for 4 years 4 months, will they let me board the plane without it .

cheers
Arty
Old Nov 11th 2019, 7:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: left PR card at home

Mmmm this is an interesting one. I am assuming you flew with a Charter company like Sunwing et al. I also assume you flew on a UK or other passport to get on the plane to Los Cabos.
So now its the return journey and you need to fly back.
I am betting that you don't currently have an eTA which is required.
If the airline follows the rules then you either need the valid eTA or a valid PR card. As a PR you don't need an eTA but you need proof of PR. If applying for an eTA you need to declare that you are not a PR so you would be lying on the application or if the eTA folk do their job they might put 2 & 2 together and refuse the eTA application. If it is issued then probably no harm no foul and although I could make a case for misrepresentation but that might be somewhat harsh given the circumstances and that you have a valid PR card at home.
I am surprised the airline didn't question you for the outbound flight but hey that ship has sailed.
Let us know how you get on.
Old Nov 11th 2019, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arty
Hello,
hopefully someone can answer this , we are in los Cabos mexico arrived yesterday .
On the flight i realised I took my drivers licence with me instead of my PR card .
I have a pic of the front and back of the card it is good for 4 years 4 months, will they let me board the plane without it .

cheers
Arty
Hard to say, it is entirely down to the airline. Have you tried calling them to ask? You clearly DO have a valid PR Card and have some type of proof (a copy), but not an original of course.
Old Nov 11th 2019, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Thankfully there is a Canadian Consulate here in Los Cabos.
I am sure they will be able to sort it out .Fingers crossed.
Old Nov 12th 2019, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

consulate can't help .
Old Nov 12th 2019, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

I just noticed an earlier post was by Former Lancastrian. I am pretty sure he is a serving CBSA officer. I suspect he is hinting that you might tell a white lie to get an ETA which would allow you to get on tge plane. You would have no trouble once you get to a CBSA agent at the border......
Old Nov 12th 2019, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheers
Old Nov 12th 2019, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
I just noticed an earlier post was by Former Lancastrian. I am pretty sure he is a serving CBSA officer. I suspect he is hinting that you might tell a white lie to get an ETA which would allow you to get on tge plane. You would have no trouble once you get to a CBSA agent at the border......
If the OP wishes to use my reply as a hint though reading it carefully I could not be accused of telling him what to do
Old Nov 12th 2019, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
If the OP wishes to use my reply as a hint though reading it carefully I could not be accused of telling him what to do
I figured!
Old Nov 13th 2019, 12:41 am
Just Joined

danshaw91 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did the same thing earlier this year. I had to fly into the Buffalo and cross the border via land. That was the only way they I could do it. Not ideal but the drive from buffalo isn't too bad.
Old Nov 16th 2019, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Got my daughter to send it by Fed Ex, so there you go don't leave your PR card at home .
Thanks for the replies.