Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Leaving the country before you receive your PR card

Leaving the country before you receive your PR card

Old Jan 21st 2011, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

FrancoisDublin will become famous soon enough
Default Leaving the country before you receive your PR card

Hi guys,

Just a simple question: I might leave the country for a week back home (holidays, and I have to sort some things back there), however I have not received my PR card yet.

Would that be a problem? The girl I spoke with at the immigration services bureau gave me confusing answers, and I'm not sure now. I'm coming back obviously.

Any idea?

Thanks a mil
Old Jan 21st 2011, 1:32 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving the country before you receive your PR card

Look for the wiki on the PR card, or the countless other threads on this topic. I cant be bothered to type it all in again.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 6:14 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Extensively discussed:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Perman...nt_Card-Canada
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Ok thanks guys,

But I'm not British, I'm French, does that apply to me as well?

Thanks
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

Any ideas?

I'm hearing lots of confusing answers on the forums I read, and this is getting quite urgent - will ring the immigration services tomorrow morning anyway.

Thanks a mil for all the help you can give me guys
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 3:20 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FrancoisDublin
Any ideas?

I'm hearing lots of confusing answers on the forums I read, and this is getting quite urgent - will ring the immigration services tomorrow morning anyway.
Who will simply read out the CIC website to you.

What precisely is not clear with the article you have been suggested to read (post #3 )? You must be aware that the French passport is also visa waiver.

Last edited by JAJ; Feb 3rd 2011 at 3:22 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

So would you say to go ahead and chance it anyway?
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 4:44 am
JAJ
Retired

Did you read the article?

Who are you flying with?
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

humanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to all

I'm in exactly the same situation, I landed today and asked the Immigration Officer who processed me and he said the same as this quote from the website:-

If you do not have your PR card with you, the IO may have to spend an extra couple of minutes searching for your name in a computer database, but that's about the worst thing that can happen (if you're a British citizen).

So it'll be fine!