Lead Time for PR Card Issuance

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Dr.T is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lead Time for PR Card Issuance

Does anyone know if PR card processing times have lengthened during the summer? The reason I ask is that we 'Landed' at Vancouver airport July 9th and as of tomorrow it will have been 8 weeks and we've heard nothing. Anyone with up to date info on this issue would be gratefully received. Clearly the 30 days given on the CIC website is not accurate (at least in our case). I think there is an 888 number one can call to find out status but as we're back in the UK trying to sell our house that won't work either.

Many thanks for any input.

Dr.T
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

RGPickles will become famous soon enoughRGPickles will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Lead Time for PR Card Issuance

Hi

We landed 19th June and received PR cards at the end of August. That's about eight weeks. I think that it will not be as long a wait now. We also doubted if they would ever arrive!

We are also back in the UK, with Sale Agreed... Panic time!

Bob
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

branjay is an unknown quantity at this point

Your in a bit of pickle being in the UK - do you have any friends/relatives in Canada who you could authorize to call the local call centre and check 'things' are ticking through the system.

Ours were overdue and when I called I found out there was a "technical problem" but they would now be picked up and processing started – took that to mean oops don’t know what happened but thanks for letting us know.

Originally Posted by Dr.T
Does anyone know if PR card processing times have lengthened during the summer? The reason I ask is that we 'Landed' at Vancouver airport July 9th and as of tomorrow it will have been 8 weeks and we've heard nothing. Anyone with up to date info on this issue would be gratefully received. Clearly the 30 days given on the CIC website is not accurate (at least in our case). I think there is an 888 number one can call to find out status but as we're back in the UK trying to sell our house that won't work either.

Dr.T
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:27 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if CIC publish figures, but I would think that more immigrants choose to "land" in the summer months.

Add to that the effect of CIC staff taking vacations (again, more common in the summer) and I would expect PR Card processing times to be longer.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

richmag69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dr.T
We landed on July 26th at Toronto and PR cards arrived at friends house on 28th August.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

RJPickles,

Many thanks for your response, I feel much better now. The 19th June to the end of August is in fact ~10 weeks: makes the 8 weeks I've been waiting not seem so bad. As you say, it shouldn't be long now. By that way, could you tell me your point of entry? My perception is that some points of entry seem to process faster than others e.g. Halifax, Montreal, even in some cases Toronto seem faster than Vancouver which seems to take the longest. Don't know why, maybe its just my perception.

Again, many thanks,

Dr.T
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold

RJPickles,

Many thanks for your response, I feel much better now. The 19th June to the end of August is in fact ~10 weeks: makes the 8 weeks I've been waiting not seem so bad. As you say, it shouldn't be long now. By that way, could you tell me your point of entry? My perception is that some points of entry seem to process faster than others e.g. Halifax, Montreal, even in some cases Toronto seem faster than Vancouver which seems to take the longest. Don't know why, maybe its just my perception.

Again, many thanks,

Dr.T
We landed in Halifax on 19 July and our PR cards were at our Aunts house in Canada on 21 August. Just over a month then. We were told by the immigration officer that it would take 4-6 weeks.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

misplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond repute

We landed 15th May and received 2 out of 4 cards on 16th June.
On the letter accompanying the PR cards there is a helpline number.
Rang this number 1-888-242-2100 to talk direct to the immigration people. (Mon-Fri 8-4 local time)
They stated that each card is processed individually and they will only talk to that person direct - i.e they wouldn't tell me about my husband's card, just mine and the kids.

Just spotted that you can't call as you are in the UK. The only other thing is that they say to look at the website cic.gc.ca.
Sorry!

Despite all being processed at the same time, 2 cards went direct to us at home, and 2 cards went to our immigration lawyer. Their office is not too hot and hadn't noticed our cards! until we chased them up.

We were told that we had to wait 6-8 weeks before they would do anything about the missing cards - by which time I had located them at the lawyers.

HTH

Last edited by misplacedheidi; Sep 4th 2008 at 11:18 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

OH landed in Halifax on 28th June and we just got an email last night to say the PR card had arrived this week at our friend's house (about 10 weeks), it's now being "special delivered" to us here in the UK so hopefully it will be safe on it's last journey!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Hi Thundercat,

Many thanks. Boy the timings on this vary alot! From less than 4 weeks to 10 weeks and I think they're all processed at the same place and during the same months. I don't get it frankly but it appears we don't have to panic as yet. (I did get in touch with our Immigration lawyer in Vancouver tho' and asked his opinion if he should get someone in his office to follow up from there on the #888 provided with the COPR.

Again, thanks alot for the input.

Dr.T
Old Sep 10th 2008, 8:40 pm
agr
Occidentally Damaged

agr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to behold

Our cards arrived today - and we landed on 1 March. Is this a record?
To be fair, it took 3 tries to make photos that CIC would accept. Contacting CIC was very difficult from UK - we got our friend in Canada to dial the 1-888 number and conference-call us in. But once we were through, the CIC Edmonton office turned out to contain real human beings.