Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Late landing of different family members

Wikiposts

Late landing of different family members

Old Jun 12th 2002, 1:21 am
Waseem

Default Late landing of different family members

I tried to search about my required information but could not find the right keywords
to search for. So I am posting this question.

First, let me tell you my medical scenarios. My medical, and that of my wife, was
held on 30 January. But X ray of my wife was not taken because of pregnancy. Her X
ray was completed on 27 May. Now I am getting passports for my newborn baby and it
will also take some time to get medical papers for my baby.

According to my first medicals, I have to land in Canada on or before 30 Januray
2003, i.e. one year from the medical date. But my wife's X ray was done on 27 May,
and my newborn's medical will be even later. So what date will be considered to
calculate my landing date ?

If they ask me to land on or before 30 jan 2003, can only me (not my dependents) land
before that date, and give some time , say few month's time, to my wife and baby to
come to canada?

OR

Is it possible that main applicant lands alone and dependents come to canada after
some time ?

Thanks,

Waseem.

Old Jun 12th 2002, 3:21 am
David Cohen

Default Re: Late landing of different family members

In article <[email protected] >, wabha101
@yahoo.com says...
    > I tried to search about my required information but could not find the right
    > keywords to search for. So I am posting this question.
    >
    > First, let me tell you my medical scenarios. My medical, and that of my wife, was
    > held on 30 January. But X ray of my wife was not taken because of pregnancy. Her X
    > ray was completed on 27 May. Now I am getting passports for my newborn baby and it
    > will also take some time to get medical papers for my baby.
    >
    > According to my first medicals, I have to land in Canada on or before 30 Januray
    > 2003, i.e. one year from the medical date. But my wife's X ray was done on 27 May,
    > and my newborn's medical will be even later. So what date will be considered to
    > calculate my landing date ?
    >
    > If they ask me to land on or before 30 jan 2003, can only me (not my dependents)
    > land before that date, and give some time , say few month's time, to my wife and
    > baby to come to canada?
    >
    > OR
    >
    > Is it possible that main applicant lands alone and dependents come to canada after
    > some time ?

Your family's landing documents' validity will be based on the expiration of your
first medical examinations on the 30th of January. Separate validity dates will not
be indicated on the respective forms.

________
CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law tel:514.937.9445 / fax:514.937.2618
[email protected] http://canadavisa.com

Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community

Old Jun 12th 2002, 10:21 am
pkjmet

David Cohen <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] a>...
    > In article <[email protected] >, wabha101
    > @yahoo.com says...
    > > I tried to search about my required information but could not find the right
    > > keywords to search for. So I am posting this question.
    > >
    > > First, let me tell you my medical scenarios. My medical, and that of my wife, was
    > > held on 30 January. But X ray of my wife was not taken because of pregnancy. Her
    > > X ray was completed on 27 May. Now I am getting passports for my newborn baby and
    > > it will also take some time to get medical papers for my baby.
    > >
    > > According to my first medicals, I have to land in Canada on or before 30 Januray
    > > 2003, i.e. one year from the medical date. But my wife's X ray was done on 27
    > > May, and my newborn's medical will be even later. So what date will be considered
    > > to calculate my landing date ?
    > >
    > > If they ask me to land on or before 30 jan 2003, can only me (not my dependents)
    > > land before that date, and give some time , say few month's time, to my wife and
    > > baby to come to canada?
    > >
    > > OR
    > >
    > > Is it possible that main applicant lands alone and dependents come to canada
    > > after some time ?
    >
    > Your family's landing documents' validity will be based on the expiration of your
    > first medical examinations on the 30th of January. Separate validity dates will not
    > be indicated on the respective forms.
    >
    > ________
    > CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law tel:514.937.9445 / fax:514.937.2618
    > [email protected] http://canadavisa.com
    >
    > Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community

Write to the visa office and explain the problem and ask if you can do a new medical
to extend the validity of your visas.

Jim Metcalfe

Old Jun 12th 2002, 5:20 pm
Waseem

Thanks both of you. But you answered the same question and my other question is
still there.

> > Is it possible that main applicant lands alone and dependents come to canada
    > > after some time ?

If I write to them to give some more time for my family to land, then what possible
acceptable reason I might give to them so that they give me extra time for my family
to arrive there ?

Thanks and Regards,

Waseem

David Cohen <[email protected]> wrote in message > >
    > > If they ask me to land on or before 30 jan 2003, can only me (not my dependents)
    > > land before that date, and give some time , say few month's time, to my wife and
    > > baby to come to canada?
    > >
    > > OR
    > >
    > > after some time ?
    >
    > Your family's landing documents' validity will be based on the expiration of your
    > first medical examinations on the 30th of January. Separate validity dates will not
    > be indicated on the respective forms.
    >
    > ________
    > CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law tel:514.937.9445 / fax:514.937.2618
    > [email protected] http://canadavisa.com
    >
    > Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community

Old Jun 12th 2002, 5:20 pm
Andrew Miller

This question has been answered thousands of times in the newsgroup - if you would
just do a simple search here you would have found it.

But just in case - here is the answer:

The family members may land separately providing that principal applicant lands
first. But all - principal applicant and dependants - must land before the expiration
of landing documents.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"Waseem" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks both of you. But you answered the same question and my other question is
    > still there.
    >
    > > > Is it possible that main applicant lands alone and dependents come to canada
    > > > after some time ?
    >
    > If I write to them to give some more time for my family to land, then what possible
    > acceptable reason I might give to them so that they give me extra time for my
    > family to arrive there ?
    >
    > Thanks and Regards,
    >
    > Waseem
    >
    >
    >
    > David Cohen <[email protected]> wrote in message > >
    > > > If they ask me to land on or before 30 jan 2003, can only me (not my
    > > > dependents) land before that date, and give some time , say few month's time,
    > > > to my wife and baby to come to canada?
    > > >
    > > > OR
    > > >
    > > > Is it possible that main applicant lands alone and dependents come to canada
    > > > after some time ?
    > >
    > > Your family's landing documents' validity will be based on the expiration of your
    > > first medical examinations on the 30th of January. Separate validity dates will
    > > not be indicated on the respective forms.
    > >
    > > ________
    > > CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law tel:514.937.9445 / fax:514.937.2618
    > > [email protected] http://canadavisa.com
    > >
    > > Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community

Old Jun 13th 2002, 9:29 pm
Waseem

I must say "thankyou very much", althought I explained in my post that I searched and
could not find , probably because I did not know the right keywords to search..

Anyhow, thank again Mr. Miller, I appreciate your tolerance

Waseem

"Andrew Miller" <millercitelus.net> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] >...
    > This question has been answered thousands of times in the newsgroup - if you would
    > just do a simple search here you would have found it.
    >
    > But just in case - here is the answer:
    >
    > The family members may land separately providing that principal applicant lands
    > first. But all - principal applicant and dependants - must land before the
    > expiration of landing documents.
    >
    > --
    >
    > ../..
    >
    > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
    > millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
    > sending email)
    > ________________________________
    >
    >
    >
    > "Waseem" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Thanks both of you. But you answered the same question and my other question is
    > > still there.
    > >
    > > > > Is it possible that main applicant lands alone and dependents come to canada
    > > > > after some time ?
    > >
    > > If I write to them to give some more time for my family to land, then what
    > > possible acceptable reason I might give to them so that they give me extra time
    > > for my family to arrive there ?
    > >
    > > Thanks and Regards,
    > >
    > > Waseem
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > David Cohen <[email protected]> wrote in message > >
    > > > > If they ask me to land on or before 30 jan 2003, can only me (not my
    > > > > dependents) land before that date, and give some time , say few month's time,
    > > > > to my wife and baby to come to canada?
    > > > >
    > > > > OR
    > > > >
    > > > > Is it possible that main applicant lands alone and dependents come to canada
    > > > > after some time ?
    > > >
    > > > Your family's landing documents' validity will be based on the expiration of
    > > > your first medical examinations on the 30th of January. Separate validity dates
    > > > will not be indicated on the respective forms.
    > > >
    > > > ________
    > > > CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law tel:514.937.9445 / fax:514.937.2618
    > > > [email protected] http://canadavisa.com
    > > >
    > > > Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community