British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   At last, we have reached the end - visas have arrived!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/last-we-have-reached-end-visas-have-arrived-719240/)

Rubie Jun 1st 2011 7:07 pm

At last, we have reached the end - visas have arrived!!

Well, reached the end of this stage anyway!!

:D

andy85 Jun 1st 2011 7:35 pm

Re: At last, we have reached the end - visas have arrived!!

Congratulations! :thumbsup: I bet it feels good not waiting and wondering all the time now!! When are you heading out there?

Btw, how do they notify you that you've been approved and can you pick up the visa in person?

Good luck with the move! :thumbup:

nikki dreaming Jun 1st 2011 8:46 pm

Congrats Ruby!!:thumbsup:

Rubie Jun 1st 2011 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by andy85 (Post 9403379)
Congratulations! :thumbsup: I bet it feels good not waiting and wondering all the time now!! When are you heading out there?

Btw, how do they notify you that you've been approved and can you pick up the visa in person?

Good luck with the move! :thumbup:

Hi Andy, thank you.

I was notified by email as I had sent a case specific enquiry asking if I could pick them up in person after waiting 4 weeks for my passports to be returned. They offered me the choice of either picking them up or having them mailed back, but I don't know whether that was due to my personal circumstances.

We are going out there in the next month for a week to land and make enquiries in person about schooling, jobs etc etc.

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming (Post 9403543)
Congrats Ruby!!:thumbsup:

Thanks Nikki - would it be ok to pm you over the next week or so? I'm about to start job hunting and would appreciate bending your ear over a couple of issues if ok with you.

nikki dreaming Jun 1st 2011 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by Rubie (Post 9403633)
Hi Andy, thank you.

I was notified by email as I had sent a case specific enquiry asking if I could pick them up in person after waiting 4 weeks for my passports to be returned. They offered me the choice of either picking them up or having them mailed back, but I don't know whether that was due to my personal circumstances.

We are going out there in the next month for a week to land and make enquiries in person about schooling, jobs etc etc.

Thanks Nikki - would it be ok to pm you over the next week or so? I'm about to start job hunting and would appreciate bending your ear over a couple of issues if ok with you.

no probs ruby:thumbup:

engineer80 Jun 2nd 2011 5:26 am

Aaaw, Rubie, that's fab news, congratulations! :wub:

izzi81 Jun 2nd 2011 8:41 am

yay, congratulations! :thumbsup:

quebec Jun 2nd 2011 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Rubie (Post 9403319)

Congratulations! Definitely you deserve this good news. You've been brilliant in this forum - atleast I've got so much guidance and information from your threads. Thanks a million!

Wishing you all the best!

LinsyPinsy Jun 2nd 2011 6:26 pm

yeh!!!!!!

Delighted for you. :thumbsup:

Rubie Jun 2nd 2011 7:25 pm

Thank you everyone for your kind words - it is a relief to have all that waiting over with. At least now everything is in our control - not that I'm a control freak or anything........:o

Originally Posted by quebec (Post 9405756)
Congratulations! Definitely you deserve this good news. You've been brilliant in this forum - atleast I've got so much guidance and information from your threads. Thanks a million!

Wishing you all the best!

Aaaww thank you for saying so. :) Always thought I just asked loads of questions or had rants :rolleyes:

rach_woz99 Jun 3rd 2011 3:34 pm

Congrats Rubie - way to go:thumbsup:

Des and Chris Jun 4th 2011 2:01 pm

Congratulations Rubie - however long it's been it's always worth the wait. :)

Arty Jun 5th 2011 6:24 am

Well Done Rubie :thumbup:

Arty & Family

Howefamily Jun 6th 2011 3:08 pm

congrats Rubie! I have been following some of your threads and I am so pleased that you have got your visas!!:D

john woo Jun 6th 2011 4:57 pm

congartulations :)