Last Stage of P.R. Process?

Old May 1st 2016, 6:01 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: B.C.
Posts: 16
Aurora66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Last Stage of P.R. Process?

Hi Everyone,

I am a Brit being sponsored by my Canadian husband, living in B.C, along with my 2 sons. We applied for P.R. in July 2014, it was pushed back to us a few months later because it wasn't August 2014 forms we used...we resubmitted and since it has taken so long that we were asked to re-do the medical and police background checks in Oct 2015. I sent everything off except for the FBI check (we lived in America) as they were having trouble with their systems and said to expect several months delay. I saw on my credit card last week that the FBI had taken the payment out at last and we are expecting the document in the post in the next week or so. My question is this; is there anything else that London immigration will ask us for after this or will that be the last thing? We have already paid the right of permanent residence fee and they haven't asked us for anything else so I'm praying for our case to be straightforward now. Does anyone know what we should expect now from CIC London and how much time it will take? I would really appreciate your answers, we have just been told that we are not going to have our medical cards renewed after August 31st this year and I am getting so fed up at not being able to work and feel part of things here completely. Thanks so much in advance!
Aurora66 is offline  
Old May 2nd 2016, 4:26 am
  #2  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last Stage of P.R. Process?

Originally Posted by Aurora66
Hi Everyone,

I am a Brit being sponsored by my Canadian husband, living in B.C, along with my 2 sons. We applied for P.R. in July 2014, it was pushed back to us a few months later because it wasn't August 2014 forms we used...we resubmitted and since it has taken so long that we were asked to re-do the medical and police background checks in Oct 2015. I sent everything off except for the FBI check (we lived in America) as they were having trouble with their systems and said to expect several months delay. I saw on my credit card last week that the FBI had taken the payment out at last and we are expecting the document in the post in the next week or so. My question is this; is there anything else that London immigration will ask us for after this or will that be the last thing? We have already paid the right of permanent residence fee and they haven't asked us for anything else so I'm praying for our case to be straightforward now.

Does anyone know what we should expect now from CIC London and how much time it will take? I would really appreciate your answers, we have just been told that we are not going to have our medical cards renewed after August 31st this year and I am getting so fed up at not being able to work and feel part of things here completely. Thanks so much in advance!
So sorry to hear that you are still waiting - I understand your frustration!

They may ask you for updated IMM0008 and IMM5406E forms for everyone but hopefully that should be it. They may still need to do background checks (if they haven't already) so I am not sure how much longer you will need to wait.

This is one case where I think getting your CAIPS/GCMS notes would be helpful, to see what has taken so long. Your husband could order them for you - they cost $5. How to make a request under the Access to Information Act (I wish I had done so!).

You could also send a case specific enquiry to ask them if there is anything further they need (when you have sent in your FBI report) - IRCC Web form

you hear something positive soon.

Siouxie is offline  
Old May 2nd 2016, 5:23 am
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: B.C.
Posts: 16
Aurora66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Last Stage of P.R. Process?

Originally Posted by Siouxie
So sorry to hear that you are still waiting - I understand your frustration!

They may ask you for updated IMM0008 and IMM5406E forms for everyone but hopefully that should be it. They may still need to do background checks (if they haven't already) so I am not sure how much longer you will need to wait.

This is one case where I think getting your CAIPS/GCMS notes would be helpful, to see what has taken so long. Your husband could order them for you - they cost $5. How to make a request under the Access to Information Act (I wish I had done so!).

You could also send a case specific enquiry to ask them if there is anything further they need (when you have sent in your FBI report) - IRCC Web form

you hear something positive soon.

Thanks Siouxie, I really appreciate your advice. I didn't know about that particular web form and I have submitted my query now, hopefully I will hear something back, I don't usually when I email them via another address I use.
We had to update some form when we had to re-do our medical and police checks all over again last October. I take it from what you say that you have been frustrated by the process too? I do find it annoying that not only have we got to pay for keeping our visitor status intact until we get our P.R. finally, but also that we had to have our medicals and police checks done all over again, and pay for that lot as well, when it's isnt our fault that the CIC are incompetent! I sometimes feel that the whole thing will never come to an end, I just don't trust the CIC when they have made so many errors on our case and there is just no accountability from them whatsoever.. Ok, rant over, it is what it is, just hope it is the home stretch now because I am getting to the point where I couldn't care less anymore.
Aurora66 is offline  
Old May 2nd 2016, 8:41 am
  #4  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last Stage of P.R. Process?

Originally Posted by Aurora66
Thanks Siouxie, I really appreciate your advice. I didn't know about that particular web form and I have submitted my query now, hopefully I will hear something back, I don't usually when I email them via another address I use.

We had to update some form when we had to re-do our medical and police checks all over again last October. I take it from what you say that you have been frustrated by the process too? I do find it annoying that not only have we got to pay for keeping our visitor status intact until we get our P.R. finally, but also that we had to have our medicals and police checks done all over again, and pay for that lot as well, when it's isnt our fault that the CIC are incompetent!

I sometimes feel that the whole thing will never come to an end, I just don't trust the CIC when they have made so many errors on our case and there is just no accountability from them whatsoever.. Ok, rant over, it is what it is, just hope it is the home stretch now because I am getting to the point where I couldn't care less anymore.
You are most welcome.

If you filled out an updated family information / background / history form in October then you likely won't have to do that again. Did you use the [email protected] email address to respond to them before? If you do use that one, make sure to give details of your full name, d.o.b., address and UCI number.

Yes, I had a frustrating time of it too - if you click on the underlined part on my original reply to you it will take you to my post at that time.

I'll keep my for you!

Siouxie is offline  
Old May 5th 2016, 7:05 am
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: B.C.
Posts: 16
Aurora66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Last Stage of P.R. Process?

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You are most welcome.

If you filled out an updated family information / background / history form in October then you likely won't have to do that again. Did you use the [email protected] email address to respond to them before? If you do use that one, make sure to give details of your full name, d.o.b., address and UCI number.

Yes, I had a frustrating time of it too - if you click on the underlined part on my original reply to you it will take you to my post at that time.

I'll keep my for you!

Yes, I did use that form, gave them all the details, hope I hear something back soon. I DID actually get my FBI check back today, so I have already sent that to London, that just has to be all they need from us, surely? Thanks so much for your empathy and advice, I am going to read about your experiences now, it is somehow comforting that others are going through similar to us

es, I did use that form, gave them all the details, hope I hear something back soon. I DID actually get my FBI check back today, so I have already sent that to London, that just has to be all they need from us, surely? Thanks so much for your empathy and advice, I am going to read about your experiences now, it is somehow comforting that others are going through similar to us
Aurora66 is offline  
Old May 5th 2016, 7:11 am
  #6  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: B.C.
Posts: 16
Aurora66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Last Stage of P.R. Process?

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You are most welcome.

If you filled out an updated family information / background / history form in October then you likely won't have to do that again. Did you use the [email protected] email address to respond to them before? If you do use that one, make sure to give details of your full name, d.o.b., address and UCI number.

Yes, I had a frustrating time of it too - if you click on the underlined part on my original reply to you it will take you to my post at that time.

I'll keep my for you!

I just read your back story, oh my GOSH!! I give you all credit because I couldn't do it. They have lost my husband's citizenship cert. they have refused my son's study permit for no good reason and thrown our forms back at us for no good reason, lot's of little things like that, but what you have gone through is beyond reason...you deserve a medal!
Aurora66 is offline  
Old May 5th 2016, 9:20 am
  #7  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last Stage of P.R. Process?

Originally Posted by Aurora66
I just read your back story, oh my GOSH!! I give you all credit because I couldn't do it. They have lost my husband's citizenship cert. they have refused my son's study permit for no good reason and thrown our forms back at us for no good reason, lot's of little things like that, but what you have gone through is beyond reason...you deserve a medal!
Thanks

You don't need a study permit for your son if he's in mainstream schooling (i.e. not post-secondary) - you can just apply for a visitor record when you arrive - that's sufficient to register with schools. Is your son a Canadian Citizen as well? If so then he doesn't even need that..

Siouxie is offline  
Old May 5th 2016, 9:28 am
  #8  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: B.C.
Posts: 16
Aurora66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Last Stage of P.R. Process?

We had to apply for this particular son because that was the only way he could qualify for a care card and he had been diagnosed with thyroid cancer at his medical and needed the coverage desperately. We applied online for the permit, paid over $100 and a couple of days later we heard that it had been refused because we hadn't uploaded his passport details. Well we had and I rang CIC to see how we could appeal this decision. The call centre agent gave me an email address to send all the details to and we also sent a screen shot of the proof that we had uploaded the passport details. The reply came back super quick, stating that there was no appeal process unless we employed a Canadian lawyer to do so. I call it daylight robbery. No permit, no refund, no right to appeal and worst of all? My son had to go back to the UK to be treated. There should be some way to hold CIC accountable for these incidents, they get away with too much
Aurora66 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.