Is this the last stage?

Old Aug 8th 2019, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Lucyjane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is this the last stage?

Hey all,
Just got this letter/email through

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence

so COPR has just come through?
we are still struggling to link my application number to an online account. ECAS at least works with my app number. Have tried many many different variations but maybe now this has arrived it’s better!

i have my ETA and I’m from the UK (British citizen) do I require a visa?

ahhhhh this is exciting!

Lucy

Need to submit passport pics to londoj
Old Aug 8th 2019, 2:30 pm
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this the last stage?

Congrats on your PPR. It not the final phase as you've not been issued with the COPR's yet (but the worry part is over). Read the letter that you have received carefully as British Citizens are generally exempt from obtaining a visa but you will need an eTA found here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...igibility.html

There is no upload slot on your account which many in the past have documented. The instructions on what to do were given by Crofy82 a few months ago and work fine:

"Just a quick update that our COPR e-mail arrived today (yay!) For the benefit of anyone currently going through the process or who will be doing soon, as is quite standard when you receive your passport request e-mail (which means you've been approved) they will instruct you to upload your scanned passport to your MyCIC account. However, as has been documented in many previous threads down the years it is highly likely no upload slot will appear. So to get round this we:
  • E-mailed our documents direct to the London Visa Office (their e-mail address was given in the body of the e-mail we received) - mark it as urgent and they guarantee to look at it within a couple of days
  • Sent a Case Specific Inquiry explaining the problem and attaching the docs
  • Posted hard copies of them Special Delivery with a cover letter and our photos to the LVO
You will not receive an acknowledgment of receipt from any of these three methods, but as with others previously it was successful for us. It is also worth noting that they did not extend the validity of our COPRs despite the relatively short time (less than 2 months) between issuing it and our medicals expiring. We were not expecting them to, but it's a lesson in being prepared when it comes to organising moving, or a soft landing trip as we'll be doing.

Hope that helps any newbies"