Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Last remaining pre-26 June 2010 FSWs

Last remaining pre-26 June 2010 FSWs

Old Feb 8th 2012, 7:07 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last remaining pre-26 June 2010 FSWs

Originally Posted by heading-west

I started my first job yesterday!
Hey! Congrats on that

We won't allow this to stress us either. Keep on working away (we are both freelance so can work as much or as little as we wish) building up our Canada fund.
At Lisbon airport now heading back to Faro after almost three weeks on Van island, BC. Even found a house that we might buy
Fingers crossed we can actually get there before the end of 2012!
Funny... I seem to remember typing something similar about 2011 a long time ago
Old Feb 8th 2012, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

jamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nice

[QUOTE=heading-west;9890571]
Originally Posted by jamie677

I'm afraid I cant answer your question about when to apply re: caps. Hopefully someone else will pop in and answer it for you.

perhaps ask that question on the main forum would generate more replies too. ;-)
Ok thank you for all your help,
Old Feb 10th 2012, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Last remaining pre-26 June 2010 FSWs

We got our med requests through our lawyer yesterday!
Old Feb 10th 2012, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Zhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to behold

That's great news Tracys, congratulations!
Old Feb 12th 2012, 9:10 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracys
We got our med requests through our lawyer yesterday!
Great!
Old Feb 13th 2012, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

yu mama is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=jamie677;9890486]
Originally Posted by heading-west

We would of left our app in if we had known,we had almost given up,but then the job offer came(had applied for over 300),but the Immigration office did send all our refs back to us(only took them a week) pity they are not that quick with everything else.
We are all going to go,hubbie got laid off 2 mths ok so cant really afford to stay as our saving are going down quick so the sooner we get there the better,going to apply at POE.
For FSW2 do you have to wait till july to apply because of the cap,its all changed so much since the last time we were going to do it.
You can apply for AINP but your hubby's employer has to give the Alberta Government their business info to show they are an legitmate... some companies don't like to do that which happened in our case as my hubby came over on TWP as a cabinet maker...he alos got laid off of that job....Fortunately he had 6 years work experience as a Windscreen (Windshield) fitter and landed a job as a Windshield supervisor which is also in the 29 in demand list...We applied for our PR through the Canadian Experience class ( been living in Canada nearly five years ) which you husband has to have 24 months of Canadian work experience within a 36 months gap...We are currently just waiting for our PR as we passed the eligibilty status...

So there is other ways of getting PR...You can still apply through the FSW process as well as AINP ( Alberta nominee program) as well as Canadian Experience class after 2 year or exactly 24 months

Good Luck!!!!
Old Feb 21st 2012, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

S.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura about

Hi all. Today my ecas shows the line 'We reviewed your application and started processing on 17 February'. I had been stuck at the 'in process with RBVO' stage since 19 April 2011. With so many rejections that have loomed up recently, I have not even enjoyed getting the magic line. The joy seems to have gone out of it. In fact, i am in a cold sweat about it. Let's see how it pans out.
S.Beckett
Old Feb 21st 2012, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

haniyasin is an unknown quantity at this point

Goo luck to all of the remaining
Yesterday I got "Decision Made" befor meds on ecase so i think that's the end of my long waiting journey.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

S.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by haniyasin
Goo luck to all of the remaining
Yesterday I got "Decision Made" befor meds on ecase so i think that's the end of my long waiting journey.
Really sorry to hear that. But I have seen many get decision made before in process with date that turned out to be an ecas glitch. I would still wait till I got a rejection letter if I were you.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

haniyasin is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks S.Beckett, i shall wait for the rejection letter, but i dont think i have enough power for reappeal or reapply.
it is not the end of world, i believe if one door closes others shall open