Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

At last News from CIC London! AOR Feb 2004...

Wikiposts

At last News from CIC London! AOR Feb 2004...

Old Jun 2nd 2005, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

zeppellin is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile At last News from CIC London! AOR Feb 2004...

hi everyone at last got a letter from CIC London informing about my application for skilled worker. Interview is required. My timeline is
submitted application = dec 2003
AOR=Feb 19 2004 (may not be contacted up to 18 mos.)
Pink Card 'interview is required' dated May 19 2004= office in Abu Dhabi
I know lot of aspirants with the same time frame is waiting for a news from London.
My question is what is usually asked during the interview, what documents they need. (attention experts Mr. Miller, Humpries etc...).why interview is sometimes waived etc... Im starting to gather information readying ourselves for the interview so please i need some feedback or previous experiences from other members here.
so you guys out there who is on the same boat...lets exchange notes...

more power to all aspirants!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

jordan123 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: At last News from CIC London! AOR Feb 2004...

Originally Posted by zeppellin
hi everyone at last got a letter from CIC London informing about my application for skilled worker. Interview is required. My timeline is
I know lot of aspirants with the same time frame is waiting for a news from London.
My question is what is usually asked during the interview, what documents they need. (attention experts Mr. Miller, Humpries etc...).why interview is sometimes waived etc... Im starting to gather information readying ourselves for the interview so please i need some feedback or previous experiences from other members here.

Might be a good idea to order CAIPS to see if this will give you any idea why your interview was called.

Have they give you a date for the interview yet?
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 3:11 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Under current law officer should consider interview waiver by default - it was under the old law that waiver was an exception. If interview is required that indicates poor preparation of application, inconclusive evidence, missing or conflicting or incomplete information, case specific circumstances or evidence raising doubts or prompting additional questions that haven't been addressed fully and conclusively in the application, some red flags raised during verification of edu and exp credentials, etc. or any combination of those reasons. And reason usually is too serious to be cleared by simply requesting additional information or evidence.

Exchanging notes with others won't really help as each case is unique and each reason for interview is different. Circumstances prompting interview are different in each case.

You may find some clues from CAIPS file printout, but I would recommend seeking help of experienced immigration practitioner who can fully evaluate your application package and CAIPS file to determine all reasons for interview and to not only prepare you for it but also try to give you another chance for waiver.

Old Jun 4th 2005, 12:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jordan123
Might be a good idea to order CAIPS to see if this will give you any idea why your interview was called.

Have they give you a date for the interview yet?

thanks for the reply buddy! No it is not indicated in he card when the interview will be held. sorry for my ignorance how to acquire my CAIPS ?how about you whats stage are you now?
Old Jun 4th 2005, 12:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Under current law officer should consider interview waiver by default - it was under the old law that waiver was an exception. If interview is required that indicates poor preparation of application, inconclusive evidence, missing or conflicting or incomplete information, case specific circumstances or evidence raising doubts or prompting additional questions that haven't been addressed fully and conclusively in the application, some red flags raised during verification of edu and exp credentials, etc. or any combination of those reasons. And reason usually is too serious to be cleared by simply requesting additional information or evidence.

Exchanging notes with others won't really help as each case is unique and each reason for interview is different. Circumstances prompting interview are different in each case.

You may find some clues from CAIPS file printout, but I would recommend seeking help of experienced immigration practitioner who can fully evaluate your application package and CAIPS file to determine all reasons for interview and to not only prepare you for it but also try to give you another chance for waiver.
thank you for your very informative reply (scary too). wife and I prepared our application by ourselves and lately we send a letter to CIC London for correction of my CV (typo error for dates). but the rest of information i believe very straightforward.is it too late for us to get the service of an agent? I mean shifting from no agent to with agent situation.
Old Jun 4th 2005, 2:25 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no such thing as "straightforward" case. It may seem to you that way and this is where you usually make mistake assuming that officer will see it same way. It is never the case.

No, it is not too late to get expert on board, but at this stage it should be someone well experienced and based in Canada.

thank you for your very informative reply (scary too). wife and I prepared our application by ourselves and lately we send a letter to CIC London for correction of my CV (typo error for dates). but the rest of information i believe very straightforward.is it too late for us to get the service of an agent? I mean shifting from no agent to with agent situation.