Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Last minute freak out...Spousal..2 copies?

Last minute freak out...Spousal..2 copies?

Old Jun 11th 2012, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough
Default Last minute freak out...Spousal..2 copies?

Hi I am applying outland spousal.

Basically, on the two different document checklists (one for the sponsor, one for the sponsee) they ask for the same items, immigration forms IMM008 etc.

Do I need to copies of each of these forms? One for each document check list as they are going to be packaged and sent different places?

I was all ready to post it tonight, but now I am freaking.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last minute freak out...Spousal..2 copies?

no, one copy of everything. your over thinking it, just relax lol
Old Jun 11th 2012, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

I know. I tend to panic! Thanks I couldnt find it written anywhere if you had to send one or two.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 10:57 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

When we sent ours (me as the sponsor, my then-fiance-now-husband as sponsored person), we separated the application into "chunks" and included a table of contents, so the covering sheet looked something like:

Section 1: Document Checklists
IMM3901 ApxA
IMM5491

Section 2: Sponsorship Forms
IMM1344
IMM5481
Receipt of fee payment
IMM5540

Section 3: Immigration Forms
IMM0008
IMM5669
IMM5490
IMM5406

Section 4: Supporting Documents - Sponsor
Canadian Passport
Explanation of Missing Option C Printout
Letter from Current Employer
Pay Slips - August2010 to October2011
Proof of intention to re-establish in Canada

Section 5: Supporting Documents - Sponsored Person
Identity and Civil Status Documents
Travel Documents and Passports
Proof of Relationship to Sponsor*
Police Certificates and Clearances
Proof of Medical Examination
Photos

Appendices - Other Supporting Documentation
Statutory Declarations from friends and famliy
Photos and evidence of trips
Residential Lease
Wedding Contracts (ie, receipts etc related to our wedding planning)
Bank Statements
Utility Bills
Phone Bills showing contact
Photocopies of drivers licences (showing same address)
Medical Insurance Coverage
Copies of greeting cards received from friends and family

* Any section throughout the forms that said "please provide evidence of a genuine and continuing relationship", we just said "please refer to Appendices A through J included in our application package" as there was a boatload of repetition in there.

This seemed to work for us as I've had Sponsor Approval in already... I'm sure if you ask 100 people on this forum how they organised their application you'll get 100 different answers... hope this helps in any case!
Old Jun 11th 2012, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you your application is actually really helpful. I think I am all set to apply now!
Old Jun 11th 2012, 12:53 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Scotty, just to let you know you are not alone....I'd bet that all of us who applied, all over thought the process and had big panics. We experienced a super three or four week period of calm after everything had been dispatched - until we started panicing about the response! Best of luck!
Old Jun 11th 2012, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes my papers are laying out all over the table, Ive checked them twice my boyfriend has to check them today. I am just so worried, I tend to have bad luck with these types of things! But its good to know there are others who can share their experience, and advice on what the did, to make me feel calm!
Old Jun 11th 2012, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottyxx
Yes my papers are laying out all over the table, Ive checked them twice my boyfriend has to check them today. I am just so worried, I tend to have bad luck with these types of things! But its good to know there are others who can share their experience, and advice on what the did, to make me feel calm!
try adding OCD into the mix didnt make it easy, must of checked it at least 20 times.

Good tip for you, go through the checklist backwards strating from the back of your application. Your probably so used to seeing it the normal way it would allow you see if from a different perspective and allow you to pick up on any mistakes you may otherwise overlook.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 3:14 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

In addition to what chrisbrockhurst said, I also recommended POINTING at each field/entry/answer as you read it - helps you focus.

(For as many times as me and my husband checked and oduble checked and triple checked our forms, on the very last pass we found that we had reversed his parents birthdays on the form - written his mom's birthday as his dad's and vice versa... Just corrected that one with a pen instead of re-printing the forms for the billionth time... But just goes to show that as many times as you look at it you'll probably still overlook something, aaaahhhh!)

Last edited by SchnookoLoly; Jun 11th 2012 at 3:15 pm. Reason: I can't spell.