Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

At last the day has come - LANDING TODAY!

At last the day has come - LANDING TODAY!

Old Sep 14th 2011, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Tiger_Quimpo will become famous soon enoughTiger_Quimpo will become famous soon enough
Default At last the day has come - LANDING TODAY!

2 years after we started the immigration process, the day we've been dreaming of is finally here. We are sitting at Glasgow Airport waiting for our ONE WAY flight to Vancouver.

Thanks to everyone who's given us advice and the benefit of their experiences over those 2 years - it's been a big help.

To all those still in the process, very best of luck and I hope your landing day comes around real soon.

Canada here we come!

Tiger_Quimpo & LinsyPinsy :-)
Old Sep 14th 2011, 7:10 am
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: At last the day has come - LANDING TODAY!

Have a great flight and good luck in your new home.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

Have a wonderful flight. Thank you for taking the time to write while you were at the airport Like most of us, it has been a loooong and frustrating road but today is the first day of the rest of your lives. I feel your excitement and it helps the rest of us who are still waiting to read the success stories.
Keep in touch and let us know how the next bit goes.
Don't forget to wave goodbye as you take off
Old Sep 14th 2011, 11:56 am
Here for now

Skimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud of

Woooohoooo!!!!! Thinking of you all as you head off to your new life! Keep in touch!

SKimom and family
Old Sep 14th 2011, 1:57 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Best wishes from us
Old Sep 14th 2011, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tiger_Quimpo
2 years after we started the immigration process, the day we've been dreaming of is finally here. We are sitting at Glasgow Airport waiting for our ONE WAY flight to Vancouver.

Thanks to everyone who's given us advice and the benefit of their experiences over those 2 years - it's been a big help.

To all those still in the process, very best of luck and I hope your landing day comes around real soon.

Canada here we come!

Tiger_Quimpo & LinsyPinsy :-)

All the best! Which part of Vancouver are you living in?

We're in the UK atm (already landed) but I am flying back to Vancouver on 11th October, my wife hopefully will follow a month or two later. Feel free to look us up!

Wayne.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Mhut is a jewel in the roughMhut is a jewel in the roughMhut is a jewel in the roughMhut is a jewel in the rough

Wishing you the best of luck with your future in Canada, hope all goes well
Old Sep 15th 2011, 1:06 am
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Bon Voyage and let us know how you get on!
Old Sep 15th 2011, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Goodluck on your new life in Canada.

Poppit

Old Sep 17th 2011, 1:11 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck guys. Hope the landing process went well
Old Sep 17th 2011, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Warm congrats and all the best in your new life there !
Old Sep 17th 2011, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Tiger_Quimpo will become famous soon enoughTiger_Quimpo will become famous soon enough

Thanks for all the warm wishes.

Managed to get here and into our short-term rental before I started feeling really unwell. After 3 days in bed with fever, I'm now slowing coming back into the land of the living.

My wife has been a star - she's achieved quite a lot already and taken good care of me.

Will write up our landing experience soon.

Good luck everyone.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiger_Quimpo
Thanks for all the warm wishes.

Managed to get here and into our short-term rental before I started feeling really unwell. After 3 days in bed with fever, I'm now slowing coming back into the land of the living.

My wife has been a star - she's achieved quite a lot already and taken good care of me.

Will write up our landing experience soon.

Good luck everyone.
Thanks tiger....you were a lovely patient. Glad you are feeling better xxx
Old Sep 19th 2011, 12:51 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Thanks tiger....you were a lovely patient. Glad you are feeling better xxx
Aaaah.. How cute