Language test

Old Mar 3rd 2017, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Richb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Language test

Hi

Quick question Im looking at probably the PNP programme to move to PR via a TWP initially

I know I will need to do a language test but am coming with my wife who I understand will get an open work permit.

My query is will she need to take the language test as well?

Also any advice on which is the best one to take?

Cheers

Rich
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 11:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Language test

Note that IELTS isn't mandatory for PNP applications if you're in Skill Level A, O or B. However, if you don't complete it you won't get any points for language skills, and the same applies to you wife - she doesn't need to take it, but you'll get more points if she does.

HTH.
Old Mar 4th 2017, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

You should check the individual PNP requirements. For example, BCPNP requires a language test for skill level B.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

Richb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all

Been informed I need to do a test not a big issue I guess. Any advice on which is best/ easiest/ least work
Old Mar 8th 2017, 2:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Richb1970
Thanks all

Been informed I need to do a test not a big issue I guess. Any advice on which is best/ easiest/ least work
You've only got one option, IELTS. CELPIP isn't available in the UK.

HTH.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You've only got one option, IELTS. CELPIP isn't available in the UK.

HTH.
Cheers for that I guess being English should help with the test at least!
Old Mar 8th 2017, 2:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Cheers for that I guess being English should help with the test at least!
Absolutely. Do make sure you do some revision/practicing though - having English as a native language doesn't mean you'll ace it. So best to make sure you are familiar with the format beforehand.

Good luck!
Old Mar 8th 2017, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Absolutely. Do make sure you do some revision/practicing though - having English as a native language doesn't mean you'll ace it. So best to make sure you are familiar with the format beforehand.

Good luck!
Well I originate from Durham so will need to learn to speak git proper for the test I reckon

We were looking at coming over next summer but now have been approved by the professional body in BC that I can look for jobs and my missus has gone a bit mad and wants to get away yesterday so bit of pressure to get all the documents sorted

I'm sure the fact we are looking at moving to the wine region has nothing to do with her sudden impatience to get across
Old Mar 8th 2017, 11:51 am
Kelowna newbies July 15

Beckie and Morgan UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with think it and definately do some revision. My test lasted all day in Sheffield and without the revision I don't think I would have done as well! Wine country is the best place to be too I agree with that!
Old Mar 9th 2017, 12:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I'm sure the fact we are looking at moving to the wine region has nothing to do with her sudden impatience to get across
Sensible woman.

Good luck with it.