LANDING FROM WITHIN CANADA

Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:25 am
Life is great!!

LISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant future
Default LANDING FROM WITHIN CANADA

Well we received our passports back in the post today with our COPR yehaaa. I just wondered if anyone who had crossed the border from within Canada could give us some advice.

We have lived here for two years on TWP's and whilst waiting for our passports to return the TWP's expired.... I have now been told that the only way we can activate our COPR is to flag pole. We are therefore arranging a trip to Maine (from NS) and was just wondering what other information apart from passports, COPR and proof of ID we need. I have seen people say they need goods to follow but seeing as all our worldly possessions are here in Canada there is obviously nothing to follow. Also people have mentioned proof of funds but we did all this at the Airport when we got our TWP's.

There doesnt seem to be much on here about people doing it from within Canada or it may be me looking in the wrong place.

Any help would be great

Lisa
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:33 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LANDING FROM WITHIN CANADA

Hi

Originally Posted by LISABOB
Well we received our passports back in the post today with our COPR yehaaa. I just wondered if anyone who had crossed the border from within Canada could give us some advice.

We have lived here for two years on TWP's and whilst waiting for our passports to return the TWP's expired.... I have now been told that the only way we can activate our COPR is to flag pole. We are therefore arranging a trip to Maine (from NS) and was just wondering what other information apart from passports, COPR and proof of ID we need. I have seen people say they need goods to follow but seeing as all our worldly possessions are here in Canada there is obviously nothing to follow. Also people have mentioned proof of funds but we did all this at the Airport when we got our TWP's.

There doesnt seem to be much on here about people doing it from within Canada or it may be me looking in the wrong place.

Any help would be great

Lisa
1. You need the Proof of funds, as you were probably processed as FSW1. The POF when you entered on the TWP was just to show you could support yourself.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:39 am
Life is great!!

LISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant future

Oh heck not sure what we need to do about that then as we have house, cars etc but not much as in way of savings at the moment as most has been spent getting this far lol.....
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Oh heck not sure what we need to do about that then as we have house, cars etc but not much as in way of savings at the moment as most has been spent getting this far lol.....
We did this in Buffalo but back in 2007. We did not have anything apart from our passports - explained that we had lived in the country for 3 years on TWP and had no Goods to Follow - never even occurred to us to take proof of funds and they never asked. We may just have been lucky I don't know.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 12:13 pm
Life is great!!

Thanks for that I will let you all know how it goes but I am sure I will panic all the way lol....
Old Aug 8th 2011, 1:32 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Originally Posted by HGerchikov
We did this in Buffalo but back in 2007. We did not have anything apart from our passports - explained that we had lived in the country for 3 years on TWP and had no Goods to Follow - never even occurred to us to take proof of funds and they never asked. We may just have been lucky I don't know.
Note the OP's don't have valid TWPs
Old Aug 9th 2011, 12:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
Some people don't get asked, but others do. It's a requirement of the OP's visa, so if they do get asked and can't provide proof of funds, then they don't get PR - so it's fairly important!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 6:57 am
Life is great!!

does anyone know what we can use as proof of funds, would the house deeds do, we have lots of assets but not much savings at the moments
Old Aug 9th 2011, 7:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

does anyone know what we can use as proof of funds, would the house deeds do, we have lots of assets but not much savings at the moments
You can't use equity I'm afraid, only when you apply. It must be 'unencumbered funds' when you land, cannot be borrowed and basically must be instantly accessible cash in the bank.

Can you sell some stuff maybe? How long have you got before you absolutely have to land? From your timeline it looks as if you've got until next May, so would that not give you enough time to save up some more?
Old Aug 9th 2011, 7:03 am
Life is great!!

Sorry forgot to mention that both my OH and myself are both working and think I have read somewhere that you dont have to prove POF's if you are working does anyone know if thats true

thanks
Old Aug 9th 2011, 7:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Sorry forgot to mention that both my OH and myself are both working and think I have read somewhere that you dont have to prove POF's if you are working does anyone know if thats true
If you have a valid TWP then POF isn't required, but from your original post I didn't think that was the case? Hopefully PMM will clarify, but I think you do need POF unless you have a valid TWP.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 8:01 am
Life is great!!

Thanks for your help, getting myself in a bit of a state now as I always do

Not sure what to do next but will keep you posted
Old Aug 9th 2011, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

LISABOB, are you applying as Federal Skilled Worker Category 1 or Category 2? i.e. Did you send a copy of your work permit with your application as proof of arranged employment?
Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
LISABOB, are you applying as Federal Skilled Worker Category 1 or Category 2? i.e. Did you send a copy of your work permit with your application as proof of arranged employment?
Looks like a PNP application from the timeline? So think NS PNP require proof of funds of $10k plus $2k for each additional family member irrc.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:45 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your help, getting myself in a bit of a state now as I always do

Not sure what to do next but will keep you posted
Contact NSNP and ask their advice.

Good luck x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.