Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Landing in Vancouver or Toronto- Landing Processing Times

Landing in Vancouver or Toronto- Landing Processing Times

Old Apr 18th 2010, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

Irish-Jembow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landing in Vancouver or Toronto- Landing Processing Times

Hi,
I Booked flights to Vancouver but there is a 1 hour 50 minute hour stopover in Toronto.

It just dawned on me that I might have to do my landing in Toronto because the next flight is internal.

I'm a little worried about the time I have between flights if this is the case. There are 5 of us. I'm wondering if we be done in an hour?

Anyone with experience of times for a family to be processed? I'd really appreciate hearing about your experience.

Is there any way to quicken the process. Can I fill any forms in advance besides the Customs docs.

Regards

J.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 11:50 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing in Vancouver or Toronto- Landing Processing Times

You will be landing in Toronto. Processing time depends on the volume of traffic, but I'd say around 40 minutes to an hour. You may be cutting it a little tight in my opinion, but people have managed in that timeframe.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
You will be landing in Toronto. Processing time depends on the volume of traffic, but I'd say around 40 minutes to an hour. You may be cutting it a little tight in my opinion, but people have managed in that timeframe.
Thanks Ben,
I just booked Vancouver flights. I never gave the stopover a second thought. It is tight. I probably have to change terminals too I'm sure.

Regards

James
Old Apr 19th 2010, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

It took about 10-15 minutes for me at Vancouver (just me, single person), but I was in line for about 30 minutes before that, as I was behind others in line.

Could you change your internal flight to take one after the one you have booked?

Ray
Old Apr 19th 2010, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by raymasa
It took about 10-15 minutes for me at Vancouver (just me, single person), but I was in line for about 30 minutes before that, as I was behind others in line.

Could you change your internal flight to take one after the one you have booked?

Ray
I'm going to have to try and change it. Not booked directly with Air Canada but I might try them anyway after this volcano problem calms down.

Thanks
J.