British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Landing at Vancouver airport - our experience (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/landing-vancouver-airport-our-experience-681888/)

Essex Lady Aug 19th 2010 12:58 pm

Landing at Vancouver airport - our experience

We "landed" at Vancouver 3 weeks ago and have just returned to UK after a lovely holiday in BC.

The experience was wholly positive - a very short wait and over the counter "interview" with a very friendly immigration officer who asked a few very basic questions and when we were intending to live in Canada (as we weren't staying immediately). Our children needed to make only a very brief appearance and then were able to watch the Disney video playing in the immigration office, all very convenient. We were not requested to provide any proof of funds nor the accompanying goods/goods to follow list (all of which we had prepared) and gave the address of a friend for the forwarding of the PR cards which, we were told, would follow in approx 8 weeks. All done within 30-40 mins, which we were grateful for as to us it felt like 3 am UK time and we were all pretty tired!

singingringingtree Aug 19th 2010 1:53 pm

Re: Landing at Vancouver airport - our experience

Great to hear another positive Vancovuer landing story. Our turn in October, and I have been getting a bit concerned after reading a couple of threads by posters who didn't have such an easy time of it! :thumbup:

raymasa Aug 19th 2010 5:19 pm

Congratulations and best wishes in Canada.

Ray

Pengy Aug 19th 2010 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by singingringingtree (Post 8788000)
Great to hear another positive Vancovuer landing story. Our turn in October, and I have been getting a bit concerned after reading a couple of threads by posters who didn't have such an easy time of it! :thumbup:

Also landing at Vancouver in October .. cannot wait !!!

Peng

singingringingtree Aug 20th 2010 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Pengy (Post 8788972)
Also landing at Vancouver in October .. cannot wait !!!

Peng

Half-term by chance? There's going to be a few of us me thinks!

CanadaJimmy Aug 20th 2010 4:41 pm

My experience at the Vancouver Airport immigration desk was very pleasant as well. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

nativenewyorker Aug 20th 2010 4:48 pm

Hi
We also landed at Vancouver 3 weeks ago. Again a very positive experience, asked a few questions, didn't want to see our proof of funds, had a brief look at our goods to follow list. We also gave a friends' address in Ontario. We had put on the customs form that we were only staying for 2 weeks but it wasn't a problem with the PR cards. Also a very easy process getting a SIN number.
I spent the entire flight worrying about landing, and needn't have worried!!!
Had a fantastic trip and can't wait to move permanently.

Good luck to all of you landing soon!

Pengy Aug 20th 2010 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by singingringingtree (Post 8790556)
Half-term by chance? There's going to be a few of us me thinks!

lol yes .. blimey !!! Mass exodus of Brits in October half term !

Flying out on 23rd for Heathrow with BA ..

It'll be hilarious when we arrive and we're all 'landing' ! We'll all have to wear a yellow carnation .. secret code ! Not real obviously .. can ya buy fake carnations ? Anyhoo .. so excited I'm ramblin ...

Peng

singingringingtree Aug 21st 2010 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Pengy (Post 8791325)
lol yes .. blimey !!! Mass exodus of Brits in October half term !

Flying out on 23rd for Heathrow with BA ..

It'll be hilarious when we arrive and we're all 'landing' ! We'll all have to wear a yellow carnation .. secret code ! Not real obviously .. can ya buy fake carnations ? Anyhoo .. so excited I'm ramblin ...

Peng

We're flying out of Gatwick on 22nd with Canadian Affair (Thomas Cook plane) and back the following Friday (unless we get 'Zoomed' again). :thumbup: