Landing Steps.

Old May 21st 2005, 5:03 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 3
Superman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landing Steps.

My spouse (principal applicant) will be lading in Toronto next week.

1. Can someone please let me know what else she needs to do besides applying for the PR card at the airport ? She will only be there for 3 days so please advise what documents she'll need to apply and at which office.

2. For proof of funds, she will carry letters from our banks which stated the $ available in our US bank acct. will that be enough ?

3. I may/may not land at a later date. Can i land alone later or does she need to travel with me ? If i don't land, can i get a refund of my landing fee ?

Thanks.
Superman is offline  
Old May 21st 2005, 7:03 am
  #2  
Every day is a new day...
 
amancharan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 1,610
amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing Steps.

Originally Posted by Superman
My spouse (principal applicant) will be lading in Toronto next week.

1. Can someone please let me know what else she needs to do besides applying for the PR card at the airport ? She will only be there for 3 days so please advise what documents she'll need to apply and at which office.

2. For proof of funds, she will carry letters from our banks which stated the $ available in our US bank acct. will that be enough ?

3. I may/may not land at a later date. Can i land alone later or does she need to travel with me ? If i don't land, can i get a refund of my landing fee ?

Thanks.
1. the visa and COPR! also, if there are any "goods to follow", u have to list them! the SIN application would be given alongwith other things! she will have to post it...
2. I guess bank statements are fine! but make sure u have money in ur bank; they can ask u to print a statement from a cash machine!!
3. she does not need to travel with u when u are landing!!
amancharan is offline  
Old May 21st 2005, 10:22 am
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 3
Superman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Landing Steps.

Please clarify what u meant by VISA and COPR. i'm confused what other visa is needed ? Where does she apply the SIN ? Thx.
Superman is offline  
Old May 21st 2005, 11:46 am
  #4  
Every day is a new day...
 
amancharan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 1,610
amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing Steps.

Originally Posted by Superman
Please clarify what u meant by VISA and COPR. i'm confused what other visa is needed ? Where does she apply the SIN ? Thx.
Well, the Visa is the PR visa that she got and the COPR is the Confirmation of Permanent Residence....
SIN is the Social Insurance Number and it has to be sought in order to work in Canada! She will get the necessary forms while landing and she has top post them at the address listed
amancharan is offline  
Old May 21st 2005, 5:47 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 33
Tim-Bo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Landing Steps.

Hello all, now I'm in the throws of getting organised to be able to land. I'd like to ask a question about proof of funds. I have been successful via the spousal sponsorship route and I don't remember reading anywhere about having proof of funds or how much when landing in Canada. Or this this for the skilled worker route?

Can anyone please enlighten me?

Thanks

Tim
Tim-Bo is offline  
Old May 22nd 2005, 4:40 am
  #6  
Every day is a new day...
 
amancharan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 1,610
amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing Steps.

Originally Posted by Tim-Bo
Hello all, now I'm in the throws of getting organised to be able to land. I'd like to ask a question about proof of funds. I have been successful via the spousal sponsorship route and I don't remember reading anywhere about having proof of funds or how much when landing in Canada. Or this this for the skilled worker route?

Can anyone please enlighten me?

Thanks

Tim
u dont need to show anything mate....
proof of funds are just for skilled worker class
amancharan is offline  
Old May 22nd 2005, 7:01 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 33
Tim-Bo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Landing Steps.

Originally Posted by amancharan
u dont need to show anything mate....
proof of funds are just for skilled worker class
Thanks very much, I did do a search on the CIC website and could only find it referred to in the skilled worker class as well. I don't know, I'm all of a dither now I know the visa is ready, won't be able to send my passport off til I get back from Canada as I had a trip already booked for 29 May to 12 June.

Wahey!!!

Tim
Tim-Bo is offline  
Old May 24th 2005, 6:10 am
  #8  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 20
SherryUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Landing Steps.

Originally Posted by Tim-Bo
Thanks very much, I did do a search on the CIC website and could only find it referred to in the skilled worker class as well. I don't know, I'm all of a dither now I know the visa is ready, won't be able to send my passport off til I get back from Canada as I had a trip already booked for 29 May to 12 June.

Wahey!!!

Tim
Tim!!!

You got your passport request! That's awesome news.... fingers crossed we're not long behind you!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

SherryUK is offline  
Old May 24th 2005, 7:05 pm
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 33
Tim-Bo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Landing Steps.

Originally Posted by SherryUK
Tim!!!

You got your passport request! That's awesome news.... fingers crossed we're not long behind you!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Thanks SherryUK - it was a bit of a shock, didn't expect to hear til August at the earliest.

Tim
Tim-Bo is offline  
Old May 25th 2005, 10:07 am
  #10  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 3
Superman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Landing Steps.

My wife landed this morning and she is in the process of applying SIN and health insurance card. She was asked to show proof of PR to apply health insurance but the only thing she has is COPR and pasport ? Is this request normal for bew immigrants. She was asked to show proof of a lease agreement or bank account. Any advise is appreciated.
Superman is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.