Landing soon, any advice?

Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

CoffeeCup is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Landing soon, any advice?

Hi.

Well the time is is almost here for me to land in Canada.

At the beginning of this whole process the end seemed so far away and now I can hardly believe the time for landing has arrived... I guess the nerves have started firing off again .

I was kind of wondering if anyone would be willing to give a brief description of the landing process or point me to a known article. I really am not totally sure what to expect so any advice/pointers and even a checklist will be really, really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:22 pm
pop
Forum Regular

pop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Landing soon, any advice?

From where will you enter Canada?
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

Ask me tomorrow? We are currently in a hotel at Gatwick Airport, fly out tomorrow landing at Toronto. To be honest a week or two ago i was worried about the landing procedure, but after the stress of the last week, the movers, those bloody B4 forms etc the rest has got to be a breeze. Yesterday morning i discovered my whole immigration file complete with passports had been boxed up by the removal men (big advice anything like that keep it away, if it ain't bolted down those guys we have it), major heart failure for a couple of minutes.

Got everything i can possibly think of i a file itemised ready for immigration, my attitude is to be prepared for everything.

Will let you know how it goes?

Chris
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pop
From where will you enter Canada?
Hi.

I will be entering via Toronto. End of Oct.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cneldred
Ask me tomorrow? We are currently in a hotel at Gatwick Airport, fly out tomorrow landing at Toronto. To be honest a week or two ago i was worried about the landing procedure, but after the stress of the last week, the movers, those bloody B4 forms etc the rest has got to be a breeze. Yesterday morning i discovered my whole immigration file complete with passports had been boxed up by the removal men (big advice anything like that keep it away, if it ain't bolted down those guys we have it), major heart failure for a couple of minutes.

Got everything i can possibly think of i a file itemised ready for immigration, my attitude is to be prepared for everything.

Chris
Hey, good luck chris have a safe trip
Old Oct 19th 2007, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cneldred

Chris
Hi.

Good luck with everything... I am sure it will go very smoothly.

I will be really really interested in how it goes but can only imagine you will be caught up in the moment when you do land and get everything going in motion. I too am destined for Toronto but will be flying from Manchester.

I feel once I get through the landing process I can really start to focus getting my new life up and running.

Do you still have to fill in those little cards on the flight?
Old Oct 19th 2007, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CoffeeCup
Do you still have to fill in those little cards on the flight?
Yes. As a visitor when you're landing, since you're not a resident yet.

I can't vouch for Toronto, but in Edmonton I just queued up, showed the card to the guy along with my passport and visa, told him I was landing, he stamped the passport and sent me to the immigration office. They asked a few questions to confirm I hadn't acquired a criminal record or any kids since I got the visa, asked how much money I had, got me to sign a few things and gave me a copy of the COPR.

Then I got the 'goods to follow' list stamped at the customs window, got sent into the 'rubber gloves and anal probe' line at the exit to the airport, but there they just asked if I had any foods or whatever and let me through.

The paperwork was done before my bags arrived on the carousel, but I think I was probably the only person landing on that plane.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 12:27 am
Oakville, Ontario

dancath will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CoffeeCup
Hi.

Well the time is is almost here for me to land in Canada.

At the beginning of this whole process the end seemed so far away and now I can hardly believe the time for landing has arrived... I guess the nerves have started firing off again .

I was kind of wondering if anyone would be willing to give a brief description of the landing process or point me to a known article. I really am not totally sure what to expect so any advice/pointers and even a checklist will be really, really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
I landed at Toronto with Work Permits, and have also crossed border at Niagara to get residency.....

Don't worry at all. Read these forums, get your paperwork in order, follow good advice....... its very easy and painless....
Although if they do give you the anal probe, try to relax as much as possible lol

Last of all - - - - dont hesitate to come here....... its everything i had hoped for.

Last edited by dancath; Oct 20th 2007 at 12:29 am.