Landing and returning query

Old Jun 10th 2011, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Pudseytwo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Landing and returning query

Hi there,

I thought that they had to be sent to an address in Canada ?

Originally Posted by bewillow
Pudseytwo,

Depending on when you want to travel, you could always have the PR cards sent to you from Canada.

That said I doubt you would have a problem, assuming you have a British passport.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 11:05 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
We were flying with Air Canada! I even called them, they said no problem with a UK passport. Famous last words, when I told them at check in that their call centre told me it wouldnt be a problem,and so does their website, they werent interested, all they are interested in, is seeing the correct paperwork that stops them getting a massive fine. The guy actually told me that. OK we flew in the end, but it took nearly two hours before they made that decision.
Your passport is the "correct paperwork" as long as it does not need an accompanying visa.

Of course, problems arise when you fly with another airline under an Air Canada banner, many airline staff don't understand the rules they are supposed to work under.

Which, however, doesn't change the rules.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 11:41 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pudseytwo
Hi there,

I thought that they had to be sent to an address in Canada ?
The cards have to be sent to a Canadian address, however it doesn't need to be YOUR address. have them sent to a friend who then mails them to you in the UK
Old Jun 11th 2011, 7:00 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
Your passport is the "correct paperwork" as long as it does not need an accompanying visa.

Of course, problems arise when you fly with another airline under an Air Canada banner, many airline staff don't understand the rules they are supposed to work under.

Which, however, doesn't change the rules.
Very true they dont understand the rules. We flew part of the journey with Delta, who are an AC star alliance partner. Its also true that the passport is the correct paperwork. But, the hassle it causes at the airport is very stressful, and for that reason I would get the travel visa if I had to do it again. Others may have a stronger nervous system that me.