Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Landing Questions ... Experts, pls advice ...

Landing Questions ... Experts, pls advice ...

Old Nov 11th 2004, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

kenshin78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landing Questions ... Experts, pls advice ...

To all the experts,

I have been discussing this with Yogi, Dimon and Jonny.
I'm planning to land in Niagara Falls border because I live in Toronto.

According to Dimon, a entry refusal letter from US immigration is required in order to land, and Canadian immigration officer at Rainbow bridge could not land anyone unless having a entry refusal letter from US immigration.

Whether this will have consequence to obtain a US visa in the near future, I think I prefer to land without a entry refusal letter.

Is this specific to the border points? Or the Canadian immigration officer? Is Rainbow bridge the only choice I have? Anyone has landing experience with other border points near Toronto?

I'm really not sure what to do, any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

water-ruby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Landing Questions ... Experts, pls advice ...

Hi Kenshin,

I'm worried abt the landing part too (still waiting for pp to be returned to me). I also live in T.O.. Pls read the post on the link below as there's this person (xerubium) who landed without going across the bridge. Let me know ur thoughts.

http://www.immigration.ca/discussion...00&whichpage=1

Cheers
Old Nov 11th 2004, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by water-ruby
Hi Kenshin,

I'm worried abt the landing part too (still waiting for pp to be returned to me). I also live in T.O.. Pls read the post on the link below as there's this person (xerubium) who landed without going across the bridge. Let me know ur thoughts.

http://www.immigration.ca/discussion...00&whichpage=1

Cheers
You're right, this person (xerubium) landed without going across the bridge!
I assume this is the posting you saw:

"On landing,

I'm also in Canada. I just went to the Niagara border. I didn't even crossed the bridge. I just parked my car next to the immigration office which is located just before the bridge. I went inside and they processed my documents and told them that I'm already living in Canada. The process took 10 minutes. I did it last weekend (Oct. 31, 2004) only. I advise you to do the same thing since sometimes the line of cars going to the US border is long. You don't need to cross the bridge.
"

If you're following the posting by Dimon, he was asked to get a entry refusal letter from US immigration.

I guess there is no firm answer to this ...
Old Nov 12th 2004, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Siona is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also interested in this since we are waiting for pp to be returned and will be landing soon. I thought you could just go as far as immigration without having to physically cross the boarder? My husband needs to keep updating his American visa since transiting the US is pretty much a given to visit his family. Would it be worth a call ahead to the boarder before we take our trip?
Old Nov 12th 2004, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

water-ruby is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kenshin:

Think majority of ppl doing their immigration at the Can-U.S. Border need to get the declination letter. See the following link:

http://www.immigration-forum.com/can...on_230538.html
Old Nov 13th 2004, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by water-ruby
Hi Kenshin:

Think majority of ppl doing their immigration at the Can-U.S. Border need to get the declination letter. See the following link:

http://www.immigration-forum.com/can...on_230538.html
I guess there is really no firm answer to this ...