Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Landing Question for Mr. Miller, PMM and other experts

Landing Question for Mr. Miller, PMM and other experts

Old Jun 17th 2004, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

karabao_1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landing Question for Mr. Miller, PMM and other experts

I would just like to ask. Do I need to show settlement funds if I land with intention to leave immidiately (probably without even stepping out of the airport) just so the visa does not expire?

Is this possible?

It is just that I have to settle some things in home country (finish MBA and other things) before finally moving permanently to Canada but visa will expire before I can do all of this.

Any information regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

vajra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Landing Question for Mr. Miller, PMM and other experts

Your landing procedure is completed the very first time you use your PR visa, so you need to show proof of fund.

The next time you come into Canada(assuming you statisy the PR requirements) you don't have to go through any of the PR landing processes.

Originally posted by karabao_1
I would just like to ask. Do I need to show settlement funds if I land with intention to leave immidiately (probably without even stepping out of the airport) just so the visa does not expire?

Is this possible?

It is just that I have to settle some things in home country (finish MBA and other things) before finally moving permanently to Canada but visa will expire before I can do all of this.

Thank you.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

Kash100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Proof of funds is an absolute must to carry when you land in Canada for the first time regardless of the length of your stay. I used the same day bank ATM statement.

Good luck!

Kash100

Is this possible?

Thank you.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

yr0000 is an unknown quantity at this point

When you enter Canada , you officially "Land" in the country as a PR.

You HAVE to complete all basic required formalities and Proof of funds is one of them.
You would also have to apply for SIN, OHIP is not required till you are present in the country for 3 months.

Y!

Is this possible?

Thank you.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

vajra is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think he is obliged to apply for SIN..

Originally posted by yr0000
When you enter Canada , you officially "Land" in the country as a PR.

You HAVE to complete all basic required formalities and Proof of funds is one of them.
You would also have to apply for SIN, OHIP is not required till you are present in the country for 3 months.

Y!
Old Jun 18th 2004, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you still need to have a proof of funds when you are coming from within Canada with Working status if you are going to do your Landing at the border??

Originally posted by Kash100
Proof of funds is an absolute must to carry when you land in Canada for the first time regardless of the length of your stay. I used the same day bank ATM statement.

Good luck!

Kash100
Old Jun 19th 2004, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

yr0000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well , if his intentions are to land and then return to where he came from originally he would need the SIN, bank accounts etc to prove his intent of staying in Canada later as a returning resident.

Originally posted by vajra
I don't think he is obliged to apply for SIN..
Old Jun 20th 2004, 12:32 am
Just Joined

karabao_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do they accept Traveller's Checks?

Originally posted by Kash100

Good luck!

Kash100