Landing question

Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

sand grownun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landing question

We are here on work permit and two daughters are back at University in UK. What happens when we eventually get PR, do we have to go back to UK and all come together to "land", as all four of us are on PNP application. I hoped we could disappear across the border, and back in again, but now I am not so sure. Also as we have applied through Alberta PNP do we have to land in Alberta or can we land anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing question

I believe you should be able to cross the border to America and return to land, then your daughters would be able to land afterwards. Typically for a PNP program you can land elsewhere provided you can prove you're continuing on to the province that sponsored you... after all, it's hard to get direct flights to all destinations, particularly outside peak tourism months, so you may well not have much choice about landing in Toronto on the way to Alberta.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

sand grownun is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks MarkG, its probably a long time off yet but best to be prepared. As you say it is probably cheaper and easier to get flights to Toronto from UK, especially if we have to wait until University has started again in September, it will probably be a quick trip, get residency and return to Uni. We didn't want to go back to UK if we didn't have to, due to cost and holiday leave etc.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, I wonder what happens if you land in a different province and just fly back? I'd suggest checking with the PNP people to see if that's OK.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:10 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

I would think that as you don't go through customs when you move from one province to another that would not make you landed.

We are hoping for our PR this year and are here on a WP. Would we have to for example fly to NYC, Boston or Vegas and then come back as 'landed'?

What a drag
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:46 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
I would think that as you don't go through customs when you move from one province to another that would not make you landed.

We are hoping for our PR this year and are here on a WP. Would we have to for example fly to NYC, Boston or Vegas and then come back as 'landed'?

What a drag
Or if you are reasonably close to border, drive and then return.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

No, I meant, if you have PNP for Alberta but plan to land and return to the UK to finish off the university course, is it enough to fly to Toronto and land or would that raise red flags at immigration?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

KarenT is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband landed ahead of us. His Confirmation of PR was marked family to follow and we landed a few days later. I think its pretty common.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:17 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do

What a drag
Drive to the Maine/New Brunswick border instead along the Trans Canada.