Wikiposts

A Landing question?

Old Mar 10th 2005, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Yasmina2005 will become famous soon enoughYasmina2005 will become famous soon enough
Arrow A Landing question?

Hi all,

I just got my PR confirmation from Buffalo on March 8th . I should land no later than July 2nd as mentioned in the Visa. And so they gave me only 3 Months and few days maybe because my passport is expiring in Oct 2005. In all cases, i have the intention to land by the end of March; first week of April maximum and come back to the US to finish up studies.

1- Besides my passport (visa stamped in it) and the confirmation of PR,i was given a 2 page document with instructions of what i should do such as proof of funds, and residency obligations. Some where in the text of this document, it is said :"Do not attempt to enter Canada at a port of Entry in Quebec unless you have been acceted by Quebec and have a valid CSQ.". I am quite bothered by this sentence as i intended to land and stay fewdays with my friends in Montreal, Quebec. . Please know that when i filled Schedule 1 form when i applied, i mentioned Toronto, ON as a possible city to live in And Toronto shows on my confirmation of permanent residency document they gave with passport. Given the above bolded sentence, Is there any risk to land in Montreal although i did not apply for CSQ?

2- Can I land in Ottawa to save undeeded questions from the officer. Yet, give my friend address in Montreal as a temporay address.

3- Is it safe to say i am landing and will use my friend's address temporarily. Or Can i just say, i do not have an address yet and later on go to the site and put my friend's address.

4- As mentioned earlier, i would like to land ASAP because by June/July: my deadline of landing, i will be soooo busy and can't land at all by that time..

PLEASE Respond ASAP. I need to decide and book my ticket

THANKS ZILLIONS

Last edited by Yasmina2005; Mar 10th 2005 at 1:53 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 2:29 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Landing question?

Do not attempt to land in Quebec and do not provide address in Quebec for PR Card application.

Originally Posted by Yasmina2005
Hi all,

I just got my PR confirmation from Buffalo on March 8th . I should land no later than July 2nd as mentioned in the Visa. And so they gave me only 3 Months and few days maybe because my passport is expiring in Oct 2005. In all cases, i have the intention to land by the end of March; first week of April maximum and come back to the US to finish up studies.

1- Besides my passport (visa stamped in it) and the confirmation of PR,i was given a 2 page document with instructions of what i should do such as proof of funds, and residency obligations. Some where in the text of this document, it is said :"Do not attempt to enter Canada at a port of Entry in Quebec unless you have been acceted by Quebec and have a valid CSQ.". I am quite bothered by this sentence as i intended to land and stay fewdays with my friends in Montreal, Quebec. . Please know that when i filled Schedule 1 form when i applied, i mentioned Toronto, ON as a possible city to live in And Toronto shows on my confirmation of permanent residency document they gave with passport. Given the above bolded sentence, Is there any risk to land in Montreal although i did not apply for CSQ?

2- Can I land in Ottawa to save undeeded questions from the officer. Yet, give my friend address in Montreal as a temporay address.

3- Is it safe to say i am landing and will use my friend's address temporarily. Or Can i just say, i do not have an address yet and later on go to the site and put my friend's address.

4- As mentioned earlier, i would like to land ASAP because by June/July: my deadline of landing, i will be soooo busy and can't land at all by that time..

THANKS ZILLIONS
Old Mar 10th 2005, 2:32 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Big risk, basically you cant do it.
Not sure, Its not clear if you intend to settle in montreal or not, if thats the plan, then change it
You can certainly land without a permanent address, and then contact CIC later with an address to mail the PR card too. They may well wonder where you intend to stay at first, and I dont know if having an initial stay in PQ would be an issue. This is your best option though in my unprofesional opinion

THANKS ZILLIONS
Good Luck, I really would give living in Quebec a miss though if you are planning settling there, but I would hope its OK to stay there a few weeks until you make permanent plans elsewhere.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Yasmina2005 will become famous soon enoughYasmina2005 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Do not attempt to land in Quebec and do not provide address in Quebec for PR Card application.
Thank you for your reply..but the deadline for me to enter is between Mar 8 and July 2nd and I do not expect to have an address in this time frame outside Quebc.
* How can I get a PR card.
* How can I not lose my PR.
* My friends in Quebec are the only one i know and can help me and I trust them. What Shall I do
Old Mar 10th 2005, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iaink
Big risk, basically you cant do it.Not sure, Its not clear if you intend to settle in montreal or not, if thats the plan, then change itYou can certainly land without a permanent address, and then contact CIC later with an address to mail the PR card too. They may well wonder where you intend to stay at first, and I dont know if having an initial stay in PQ would be an issue. This is your best option though in my unprofesional opinion

Good Luck, I really would give living in Quebec a miss though if you are planning settling there, but I would hope its OK to stay there a few weeks until you make permanent plans elsewhere.
Thanks for your reply. I have no plan to reside in Quebec province. i am merely using my Montreal friend's address so that not lose my residence. Being a student finishing up makes it hard for me to have an address in canada for the time being. Besides even the time frame they gave is too short Mar 8- July 2nd.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 5:18 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

You have 180 days from landing to provide CIC with your residential address in Canada for the purpose of mailing PR Card. If you won't provide CIC with proper address within 180 days then you will have to apply for PR Card once back in Canada. In order to re-enter Canada without PR Card you will have to apply for Travel Document through visa post outside Canada.

Thank you for your reply..but the deadline for me to enter is between Mar 8 and July 2nd and I do not expect to have an address in this time frame outside Quebc.
* How can I get a PR card.
* How can I not lose my PR.
* My friends in Quebec are the only one i know and can help me and I trust them. What Shall I do
Old Mar 17th 2005, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You have 180 days from landing to provide CIC with your residential address in Canada for the purpose of mailing PR Card. If you won't provide CIC with proper address within 180 days then you will have to apply for PR Card once back in Canada. In order to re-enter Canada without PR Card you will have to apply for Travel Document through visa post outside Canada.
Thanks Andrew for your reply. I will be landing soon and will be back to the USA to finish up my studies. I will have with me (of course):

- Passport
- COPR
- Bank Statement.
- An address in Ontario.

Am i missing something. please advise especially that I am not bringing anything with me such as clothes and other goods. Is there any form i should fill out since i am not bringing anything.

Also, what should i say to the immigration officer. I really want to say that i am landing to complete the process before my visa expires and have to go back to finish my degree. Is it safe to say so?

What do you think?

Thanks

Last edited by Yasmina2005; Mar 17th 2005 at 4:12 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

Minerva101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Yasmina:

Congratulations!!. Can you tell me when how long it toook to receive the passport back?. Was Buffalo your visa office? I sent mine two weeks ago and they have not send it back yet.

Thanks

Minerva
Old Mar 18th 2005, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Minerva
Hi Yasmina:

Congratulations!!. Can you tell me when how long it toook to receive the passport back?. Was Buffalo your visa office? I sent mine two weeks ago and they have not send it back yet.

Thanks

Minerva
Thanks...Yes Buffalo was my office and i did not send my pp. I went physically as i want to get my pp on the same day. 2 weeks is expected besides any delay by the post office as mentioned in their last correspondence. I think you will get your pp soon.