Landing question

Old Jul 16th 2004, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

kesar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landing question

Hello all members,
I have a question what I woukl like to discuss with you all.I have been granted a Canadian permanent visa with my wife and child.What my problem is that I have a buisness in europe and need time to settle everything here.If I go alone and complete landing and than take my family at a latter stage before there visa expire.Can i get any problem ( I am the principle applicant).Can they make any problem with my wife latter when she enter alone or with me.I also want to come back very soon as i cannot leave my buisness alone here.When my wife land will she be asked to attend an interwiew to show settelment funds etc.Any expert or person gone through such experince can give me some help.When I land can i say to the immigration that i have come only for 4 days to complete my landing and going back to complete my all other works.
Thanking you all and injoy this wonderfull web site.
Kesar
Old Jul 16th 2004, 9:18 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing question

Hi Kesar

Originally posted by kesar
Hello all members,
I have a question what I woukl like to discuss with you all.I have been granted a Canadian permanent visa with my wife and child.What my problem is that I have a buisness in europe and need time to settle everything here.If I go alone and complete landing and than take my family at a latter stage before there visa expire.Can i get any problem ( I am the principle applicant).Can they make any problem with my wife latter when she enter alone or with me.I also want to come back very soon as i cannot leave my buisness alone here.When my wife land will she be asked to attend an interwiew to show settelment funds etc.Any expert or person gone through such experince can give me some help.When I land can i say to the immigration that i have come only for 4 days to complete my landing and going back to complete my all other works.
Thanking you all and injoy this wonderfull web site.
Kesar
No problem, as long as you are the prinicple applicant, you can land before your family. They can land later as long as their COPR is still valid. No only you will have to show the settlement funds.

PMM
Old Jul 16th 2004, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by PMM
Hi Kesar

No problem, as long as you are the prinicple applicant, you can land before your family. They can land later as long as their COPR is still valid. No only you will have to show the settlement funds.

PMM
Thank You PMM,
So if my wife come later on she will not have to show any funds and no question to answer?Is there any problem if I say on my entry that next week I will be going back.
Regards
Old Jul 17th 2004, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Raghu is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats not a problem at all. As PMM said, as long as you finish the landing process before your wife,you are fine. You can tell Immigration Officer that you are going back and leaving Canada for few days & it is perfectly legal as long as you maintain the Canadian Residency obligations to be a PR. (You must accumulate two years of physical presence in Canada in every five-year period.)

~Raghu
Old Jul 17th 2004, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Raghu is an unknown quantity at this point

The only hurdle that you will face if you leave Canada Immdtly. is that you will have no time to apply for PR Card which has become mandatory for reentry. So You will have to get the VISA at a location outside of canada(With PR status Docs Etc as proof of your residency) This is the only problem you will be facing.(After all people will have emergencies and need to go places....)

Your current Canada VISA is valid for PR immigration only and is valid for just a single entry and will be cancelled immdtly upon landing. If you need more info. go to www.cic.gc.ca OR ask animmigration Officer at the point of Landing.

Originally posted by Raghu
Thats not a problem at all. As PMM said, as long as you finish the landing process before your wife,you are fine. You can tell Immigration Officer that you are going back and leaving Canada for few days & it is perfectly legal as long as you maintain the Canadian Residency obligations to be a PR. (You must accumulate two years of physical presence in Canada in every five-year period.)

~Raghu
Old Jul 17th 2004, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Raghu
The only hurdle that you will face if you leave Canada Immdtly. is that you will have no time to apply for PR Card which has become mandatory for reentry. So You will have to get the VISA at a location outside of canada(With PR status Docs Etc as proof of your residency) This is the only problem you will be facing.(After all people will have emergencies and need to go places....)

Your current Canada VISA is valid for PR immigration only and is valid for just a single entry and will be cancelled immdtly upon landing. If you need more info. go to www.cic.gc.ca OR ask animmigration Officer at the point of Landing.
Thank you raghu,
Can you tell me that if I give the adress of some freind when I land and leave canada. Will they send my Pr card to my freind and he can post me here.Will he be able to get the pr cards by post or have I to give him some power of attorney to get them.
Regards
kesar
Old Jul 17th 2004, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Jassy is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that it would be better if you come with your wife. The reason is that it will drive you crazy until your wife and your child come to Canada. It can take longer. Better wait if you have to and then come here as a whole family.
Old Jul 18th 2004, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Jassy
I think that it would be better if you come with your wife. The reason is that it will drive you crazy until your wife and your child come to Canada. It can take longer. Better wait if you have to and then come here as a whole family.
Thanks Jassy,
My wife and child have the visa.They are my depandents.It is only in the starting that as a principle applicant I want to come alone but latter stage they will come with me together after I have some accomodation in Canada and finished everything here.
Regards and wait for any reply.