Landing query regarding children

Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

WendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant future
Default Landing query regarding children

Was just looking at the Wiki and wanted to check if I have read this right.

Quote: The principal PR applicant has to "land" prior to, or at the same time as, his or her accompanying dependents. By the same token, the dependents must "land" at the same time as, or after, the principal applicant.

Is that saying that when you land you have to land all your children too, to activate the visa for them? I'm sure that when a friend moved to Toronto a few years back that just her and her husband went initially to activate the visas and then returned to the UK for a few months to sell up.

I was hoping that when we get to that stage my husband and I can fly over to activate and then take the children when we actually move. Pricey flights for six.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:01 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing query regarding children

Basically , Principle must land first
others must land at same time or afterwards
Everybody must land before their visa expires.

So yes it would be possible for someone to land and then come bac, with the children following a few months later as long as the children's visas hasn't expired.

visas normally are valid for one year from the date of your meds , or the duration of your passport, whichever is shorter.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyS
Quote: The principal PR applicant has to "land" prior to, or at the same time as, his or her accompanying dependents. By the same token, the dependents must "land" at the same time as, or after, the principal applicant.
As Zoe has very rightly said, as long as the principal applicant lands first then it doesn't matter if the rest of you land at a later date. I think you've misunderstood the Wiki so I've put the relevant wording in bold above. It simply means the principal applicant has to land first.

Hope that helps, good luck.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 8:07 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

The Wiki entitled Landing as PR-Canada used to say:

The principal PR applicant has to "land" prior to, or at the same time as, his or her accompanying dependents. By the same token, the dependents must "land" at the same time as, or after, the principal applicant.

I have replaced the above paragraph with:

All the members of a migrating family are permitted to "land" in Canada and activate their permanent resident status at the same time. The family members also are allowed to land at different times. If family members land at different times, the principal applicant must land first. The accompanying dependents are not permitted to land before the principal applicant.

If someone else is able to state it more clearly, please feel free to edit the Wiki.
x
Old Oct 11th 2008, 2:35 am
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

hi judy....or anyone else really...

i can't find out on the wiki how this situation applies to landing with twp....

oh is planning to land on twp with a bc pnp, mid nov, with the rest of us to follow.....does the same apply to us? we are getting pr status once in canada. can he land, as principal applicant, with us to follow later or do we all have to land together and for me and the kids to fly back to uk for a short while.....expensive, if that's the case, right?
Old Oct 11th 2008, 5:01 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gibsonslanding
hi judy....or anyone else really...

i can't find out on the wiki how this situation applies to landing with twp....

oh is planning to land on twp with a bc pnp, mid nov, with the rest of us to follow.....does the same apply to us? we are getting pr status once in canada. can he land, as principal applicant, with us to follow later or do we all have to land together and for me and the kids to fly back to uk for a short while.....expensive, if that's the case, right?
Your husband can land first and the rest of you can follow later.
x