landing - proof of funds

Old Oct 20th 2018, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

jimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond repute
Default landing - proof of funds

Sorry if this has been asked before. Did a quick search but didn't see what I was looking for.

Some places are saying that proof of funds on landing, we need to supply documents like we did when we applied (written bank statement, evidence of last few months etc etc), whereas others say a simple bank statement printout of the last month is sufficient. CIC website only seems to give details about the initial proof of funds on application.

Is anyone able to confirm what we actually need to give? We are landing in November, so we were hoping to just printout our UK account showing X amount of money a couple days before we leave.

Last edited by jimmynoshoes; Oct 20th 2018 at 3:39 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2018, 4:31 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: landing - proof of funds

It does seem a little ambiguous - not defined exactly what you need to provide on arrival - but for the sake of spending a bit of extra time gathering the information is it worth potentially being turned away and sent back if you don't have what they need with you.. but do hold fire until others who have recently been through the process etc., are able to provide info.
You must prove to an immigration officer that you can legally access them to use to settle here when you arrive. For proof, you must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions where you are keeping money.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...oof-funds.html

More info on arrival
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-approved.html

You must have:
  • your valid passport and/or travel documents
  • your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and your permanent resident visa (if we gave you one)
  • proof that you have the funds to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 20th 2018 at 4:38 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2018, 8:34 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: landing - proof of funds

When I landed a few months ago I wasn't asked. They only asked if I was carrying a large amount of cash (which I wasn't). My personal opinion is that a recent bank statement should be sufficient for your landing trip tbh. I took one with me but didn't present it.

It might be worth pointing out that I did declare to them that I was soft landing however likewise I could have then changed my mind, left the airport, filed for a PR card and SIN that day and never left Canada again if I'd chosen to do so. Common sense would suggest that it's the same landing process for everyone where PoF is concerned.