Wikiposts

Landing - Proof of Funds

Old Dec 21st 2009, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice
Default Landing - Proof of Funds

Hi All, I'm sure this has already been asked, so apologies for asking again.
We opened an international account with HSBC Bank Canada, thinking this would make life easier when we came to emigrate.
We arranged to pay a deposit into the account to cover any fees.
The deposit wasn't paid in !
After a letter from HSBC saying they would close the account unless we paid these fees, I did a wire transfer over the phone.
Again the money has not been paid into the account !
So they've closed the account. I made numerous phone calls to Canada to try and prevent this, but hey I'm only a customer.
So rather than transfer money through them again and it go missing again.
What is the best way to show proof of funds on landing ?
Can I show a savings or current account statement form our UK account ?
Can I get a banker's draft done and show that ?
I'm tempted just to take cash as I've no confidence in doing wire transfers now !
Any advice is appreciated !
Lordy ! Lordy !
Old Dec 21st 2009, 4:03 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing - Proof of Funds

Any bank statement, as recent as possible, a print out from the ATM on the day or day before you leave the UK should suffice.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice

Thanks Aviator. Will do what you've advised.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jimsan

Bank statements are fine - if you do online banking, you can just print an updated copy off, if not, just take your latest statement(s).

Goodluck.

Poppit
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Cheers Poppit. We're just gonna print our statement off before we land.
I might leave the transfer until we land in Canada, as I don't have any faith in these bank people here being able to do anything correctly.
I'm pleased to see the landing process went smoothly for you.
Won't be long now until we go.
With a bit of luck we'll have our passports back before then
Take care,
Jimsan.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

omro is an unknown quantity at this point

So you have to prove the funds again at the border?
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 6:26 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimsan
I'm tempted just to take cash
Not a great idea. Not only can you lose it, carrying large quantities of cash could cause problems at customs.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jimsan

Have a great Xmas, you've waited a long, long time for this. I hope your landing goes as smoothly as ours did.

PS: printing off the bank statements will be absolutely fine, that's what we did and they didn't even look at them.

Poppit
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

omro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by omro
So you have to prove the funds again at the border?
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 10:54 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with Landing!

I transfer funds over to our HSBC account in Canada from our UK account, using online banking. I have set the Canada account up for online banking too so I can check it gets there. Also we get monthly bank statements from them maybe you could set that up.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

Hi Falcore, yeah I've set up the accounts on line.
But you can only do international transfers between 0800-1530 Mon - Friday, when me and most other people are at work !
I'll just go into our branch and do the transfer, or try on line when I get a day off.
Thanks for the good wishes Poppit.
Omro, when you land as a PR you will have to show proof of funds.
Unless you have an Approved Offer of Employment.
Merry Christmas to all of you and hope we all have a Happy New Year !
PS thanks for the good luck wishes Falcore !
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

carrying large quantities of cash could cause problems at customs.

If you declare that you have over $10,000, what kind of problems will it cause you? especially if they know you are immigrating?

MR79
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Binty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really nice

Hi

The sale of my house will be our funds (this will provide way more than required) I have submitted a mortgage statement and valuation for my house as proof. My question is:

Do I have to have sold the house and have the money in the bank at time of landing? or can we 'land' and then return to the uk until it is sold then move over there permanently?

Any help most welcome

Binty
Old Dec 25th 2009, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Larkfield, Kent, Landed Toronto July 09, perm move to Cambridge March 2010
moley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jimsan
Hi All, I'm sure this has already been asked, so apologies for asking again.
We opened an international account with HSBC Bank Canada, thinking this would make life easier when we came to emigrate.
We arranged to pay a deposit into the account to cover any fees.
The deposit wasn't paid in !
After a letter from HSBC saying they would close the account unless we paid these fees, I did a wire transfer over the phone.
Again the money has not been paid into the account !
So they've closed the account. I made numerous phone calls to Canada to try and prevent this, but hey I'm only a customer.
So rather than transfer money through them again and it go missing again.
What is the best way to show proof of funds on landing ?
Can I show a savings or current account statement form our UK account ?
Can I get a banker's draft done and show that ?
I'm tempted just to take cash as I've no confidence in doing wire transfers now !
Any advice is appreciated !
Lordy ! Lordy !

Hi again. If you print off your online bank statements, make sure that they show your name.

Just an extra bit of advice!
Old Dec 26th 2009, 5:01 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Binty
Hi

The sale of my house will be our funds (this will provide way more than required) I have submitted a mortgage statement and valuation for my house as proof. My question is:

Do I have to have sold the house and have the money in the bank at time of landing? or can we 'land' and then return to the uk until it is sold then move over there permanently?

Any help most welcome

Binty
You have to the proof of funds when you land, and these have to be in a form available or your use.

Although landing then going back to your home country is allowed, it is not how the system is designed. Most immigrants land when they move to Canada to live, therefore they need to show sufficient money to keep them until they find work. Thus the need to show available funds.

The immigration officers don't always ask to see proof of funds, but of course, they might, and if you can't show it then you might be rejected. In theory, the funds cannot be borrowed but, in you circumstances, it might be an idea to organize your capital to ensure that your bank statement shows the available funds when you are ready to land.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.