Landing procedure - GTF etc

Old May 9th 2013, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Landing procedure - GTF etc

First of all, apologies as I know that this question has been asked many times. I have searched on here, and read the Wiki, but I think I have just managed to confuse myself even more. We are landing in Calgary in 2 weeks. Our container will be arriving later. Do we just need to provide a copy of the B4A form, one for the goods accompanying, and one for goods to follow (plus copies for ourselves)? Also will the inventory provided by the shipping company be ok to attach to it or will we need to fill in the B4A form as well? If we need extra room, do we go on to an additional sheet of paper? Also, we need to provide proof of settlement funds, will a letter from our bank stating our balance be ok or do we need bank statements too?

Thanks for your help!
Old May 9th 2013, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing procedure - GTF etc

If the shippers inventory shows just 57 x boxes then that isnt sufficient.
If you have your own lists describing the contents i.e. 12 x boxes of clothing, 93 x boxes of shoes, 8 x boxes of china etc etc then thats OK. Approx values.
No need to fill out the B4 or B4A forms though you can if you want. CBSA will fill out the B4.
Id prefer to see how much is in the account as opposed to somebody saying they have sufficient funds with no amount specified.
Certain ports of entry ask for everything others dont even ask.
Old May 9th 2013, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks FL - I was hoping you would pop up on here and reassure me! We will have a letter saying we have x amount in our account, rather than sufficient funds - sorry that was badly worded!

Hmm, haven't started packing yet but 93 boxes of shoes - that sounds about right!
Old May 9th 2013, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Your shipping company if they are any good will write a description of each box anyway.

Like Box 84 - Toys etc

So just take that list.

We weren't even asked for it when we landed at Calgary - nor where we asked for proof of funds although we had all our paperwork with us.

Try not to be too nervous. Our process was smooth. Even when our son tried to sleep on the floor of the room while we got our TWPs. They didn't bat an eyelid.

Old May 9th 2013, 6:06 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jane Barlow
We will have a letter saying we have x amount in our account, rather than sufficient funds - sorry that was badly worded!
Despite CIC insisting (during the application process) on a signed letter from your UK bank showing proof of funds, which by all accounts UK banks don't like nor want to produce anyway, I would hope that on landing CBSA would be happy with you producing a recent bank statement. Maybe go to an ATM just before you take off and add that to the statement on landing.

I'm sure FL will comment if he see's it any other way.
Old May 9th 2013, 6:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by james.mc
Despite CIC insisting (during the application process) on a signed letter from your UK bank showing proof of funds, which by all accounts UK banks don't like nor want to produce anyway, I would hope that on landing CBSA would be happy with you producing a recent bank statement. Maybe go to an ATM just before you take off and add that to the statement on landing.

I'm sure FL will comment if he see's it any other way.
The only problem with an ATM receipt is that they dont have your name on them. A couple of weeks ago there was an article showing 2 x ATM receipts that had been discarded. One was showing transaction declined insufficient funds available and the other showed a balance of over a million pounds after 300 pounds being withdrawn. So easy to pick up one to suit your needs
Depending on which stream you are getting PR under most CBSA officers dont bother asking for it as you have already shown proof of funds to CIC to get the COPR forms.
I have even asked them to go online and show me their account balance if none produced.
Can the banks not do a print screen function of your account showing name of bank and account holder name? Id accept that.
Old May 17th 2013, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

I just phoned my bank today and they are giving us a letter stating our balance. The only problem is the statement will show balance of today and we don't fly till next Thursday. I had to request it now as it will take a couple of days. Will this be ok? I think I will also do a print screen of balance on wednesday morning too, just to back it up as obviously we will need to spend a bit of money between now and next Thursday. Hopefully this will be sufficient?
Old May 18th 2013, 1:34 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jane Barlow
I just phoned my bank today and they are giving us a letter stating our balance. The only problem is the statement will show balance of today and we don't fly till next Thursday. I had to request it now as it will take a couple of days. Will this be ok? I think I will also do a print screen of balance on wednesday morning too, just to back it up as obviously we will need to spend a bit of money between now and next Thursday. Hopefully this will be sufficient?
I'm sure you'll be fine. You can't be expected to produce a letter that was issued the day before you fly as it's not practical nor reasonable. Print a balance as well, just before you go. The two would look pretty much the same I'd have thought. We were not asked for proof of funds on landing, but that is not to say you won't be either.

A while back on TV (a border security program) a CBSA officer accompanied a UK traveller to the ATM to verify funds. That failed.. so in the end the traveller called phone banking in the UK and had the officer listen to the balance that way. It was then accepted that he had sufficient funds to be allowed to enter.

I can't see you being refused landing because your proof of funds is a week old. You'll be OK.

Last edited by james.mc; May 18th 2013 at 1:39 am.
Old May 18th 2013, 2:17 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You could log on to your online banking and print a statement and do a screen shot of your current balance for each account (ctrl+prt scr then paste into paint and save as a jpeg) - they will both show the same account number and name.

Old May 20th 2013, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Ailsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really nice

Hey Jane,

We found it was best if in doubt just to take everything, better to be safe than sorry. Once you get there its just waiting and keeping bored tetchy kids amused while they process you really!

Good luck, have a safe journey and let us know how you get on!!

Ails
Old May 20th 2013, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks ailsa, will do! Can't believe we'll be there in 3 days!
Old May 21st 2013, 1:51 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

So close now

We are sitting here in shorts tonight, wondering if we will be able to sleep in this heat, lol.

Not sure how to switch on the AC in this rental house, and don't want to break it.
Old May 21st 2013, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Lovely, it's grey and rainy here today... Although the forecast for Calgary isn't great either for when we arrive! Oh well, you can't win 'em all!