Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Landing problem -- Expert Please Help!

Wikiposts

Landing problem -- Expert Please Help!

Old May 12th 2005, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

sissi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landing problem -- Expert Please Help!

I landed at Champlain-Lacolle border a couple of days ago. Since I live in Canada right now and do not have a visa to the states, I had to go across the border and got a refusal notice from USA customs to finish the landing procedure. The lady in Canada custom told me it was not a big deal and there was no refusal stamp on m visa.

The question is now i am applying a visa going to europe and one of the questions in the application form is " Have you ever been refused entry to another country?" Should I answer yes or no?

Thanks a lot!
Old May 12th 2005, 12:10 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Landing problem -- Expert Please Help!

Yes, you were refused admission to US and that fact is recorded in US immigration database.

Never, ever omit or misrepresent any information when dealing with immigration matters.

Originally Posted by sissi
I landed at Champlain-Lacolle border a couple of days ago. Since I live in Canada right now and do not have a visa to the states, I had to go across the border and got a refusal notice from USA customs to finish the landing procedure. The lady in Canada custom told me it was not a big deal and there was no refusal stamp on m visa.

The question is now i am applying a visa going to europe and one of the questions in the application form is " Have you ever been refused entry to another country?" Should I answer yes or no?

Thanks a lot!
Old May 12th 2005, 12:45 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Yes, you were refused admission to US and that fact is recorded in US immigration database.

Never, ever omit or misrepresent any information when dealing with immigration matters.

Andrew
Wouldn't you agree that those without a US visa (or visa waiver passport) would be better advised to avoid the land frontier for 'landing' and this associated hassle?

Jeremy
Old May 12th 2005, 1:25 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course it would be better for them to find border crossing where Canadian officers don't demand getting admission refusal from US side from those doing "around-the-flagpole" landing. There are only few reports every month about this hassle and most have no problems and are not asked to get refusal from Americans first.

Little research before driving to the border is strongly recommended.

Originally Posted by JAJ
Andrew
Wouldn't you agree that those without a US visa (or visa waiver passport) would be better advised to avoid the land frontier for 'landing' and this associated hassle?

Jeremy
Old May 12th 2005, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

sissi is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your reply!
I will put yes on the form and just hope the visa officer in europe will not deny my application based on this!

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller

Old May 13th 2005, 4:07 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sissi
Thank you for your reply!
I will put yes on the form and just hope the visa officer in europe will not deny my application based on this!
they shouldnt;
but as Andrew said, u should disclose everything to them honestly!
rest is ur luck