Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Landing as PR With Family to Follow

Landing as PR With Family to Follow

Old Apr 5th 2010, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

andy_carey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landing as PR With Family to Follow

Hi all

I would be grateful if anyone could advise if they have been in a similar position to my family and I and how this can be overcome.

We have our PR visa's and will be landing in Canada as soon as our house will sell, however unfortunately but not surprisingly this is taking longer than we had hoped.

My wife and I came over to Calgary at the beginning of March on a fact finding mission and as a result of that I have received a job offer.

The question now is can I land as a PR on my own, with my family to follow on at a later date?

And if so, will I be required to show proof of funds for either just myself or for the family as well? Would the authorities consider a confirmed job offer and acceptance to be sufficient?

Many thanks.

Andy
Old Apr 6th 2010, 12:16 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing as PR With Family to Follow

Hi

Originally Posted by andy_carey
Hi all

I would be grateful if anyone could advise if they have been in a similar position to my family and I and how this can be overcome.

We have our PR visa's and will be landing in Canada as soon as our house will sell, however unfortunately but not surprisingly this is taking longer than we had hoped.

My wife and I came over to Calgary at the beginning of March on a fact finding mission and as a result of that I have received a job offer.

The question now is can I land as a PR on my own, with my family to follow on at a later date?

And if so, will I be required to show proof of funds for either just myself or for the family as well? Would the authorities consider a confirmed job offer and acceptance to be sufficient?

Many thanks.

Andy
1. As long as you are the principal applicant you can "land" first. Your family has to "land" within the validity of their visa.
2. You have to show proof of funds for the whole family. As you don't have an AEO nor a were working in Canada, the fact that you may have a permanent isn't sufficient.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

andy_carey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Landing as PR With Family to Follow

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. As long as you are the principal applicant you can "land" first. Your family has to "land" within the validity of their visa.
2. You have to show proof of funds for the whole family. As you don't have an AEO nor a were working in Canada, the fact that you may have a permanent isn't sufficient.
Thanks for the reply, appreciate the advice.

Andy