Wikiposts

Landing as PR

Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Location: Larkfield, Kent, Landed Toronto July 09, perm move to Cambridge March 2010
moley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to all
Question Landing as PR

Hi everyone. AFter 2.5 years, hubby and I are emigrating to Canada

We are landing in July and staying with family for 2 weeks, then coming back to UK to sort out packing, selling horses etc and then moving out permanently as from APril, so our dog can come out with us!

I am anxious about the Goods to Follow forms and, as we aren't staying in Canada, do we also have to list the "holiday" items as Goods in our possession>

We have listed all the items for Goods to Follow on excel spreadsheet. WIll this be ok to handover to Immigration?

Can anyone please provide some info for me, especially, as have waited this time and don't want to muck it up!!

Many thanks
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Penguin_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Landing as PR

Originally Posted by moley39
I am anxious about the Goods to Follow forms and, as we aren't staying in Canada, do we also have to list the "holiday" items as Goods in our possession>
I don't remember them being that concerned about the goods to follow when I initially arrived, because they basically will be cleared at the port again anyway.

But it's best to be prepared. An excel list of everything, it's cost in Canadian $'s should do.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 10:09 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck
At the airport I showed them my goods to follow list.........They didn't want to know. It was only when our container came through customs that they wanted the list from the shipping co to check against the container they had so they could clear it.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 12:09 pm
agr
Occidentally Damaged

agr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by terese677
Good luck
At the airport I showed them my goods to follow list.........They didn't want to know. It was only when our container came through customs that they wanted the list from the shipping co to check against the container they had so they could clear it.
Our experience was different - see this thread.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Larkfield, Kent, Landed Toronto July 09, perm move to Cambridge March 2010
moley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to all
Cool Re: Landing as PR

Originally Posted by Penguin_
I don't remember them being that concerned about the goods to follow when I initially arrived, because they basically will be cleared at the port again anyway.

But it's best to be prepared. An excel list of everything, it's cost in Canadian $'s should do.
Hi. Thanks for info!!! What do we do about goods in possesion as we are only there for 2 weeks. Do we include the items we are taking in goods to follow, as we will be taking them back to UK till April!